Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My 19 ram I run the 2 inch drop and it runs the trailer at a perfect pitch.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

2. Member
    I use a Anderson drop hitch on my last 3 trucks. I currently have a 2020 Ram with the Air Suspension so not sure I need it anymore.

If it’s the same truck and boat as in your signature photo then it doesn’t look like you need to change anything as far as hitch height. Maybe a slight drop, but it looks pretty close to ideal already.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    If it’s the same truck and boat as in your signature photo then it doesn’t look like you need to change anything as far as hitch height. Maybe a slight drop, but it looks pretty close to ideal already.
    Yes same....I have a slight trailer sway at higher speeds.
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Then you should look first at not enough tongue weight as mentioned. Or, you have an undetected trailer suspension issue. Improper axle alignment can cause trailer sway. Another cause could be how the load is distributed in the boat itself.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Banned
    yeah, not enough tongue weight is the #1 cause. Level or slightly low tongue is what you should tow with.

7. Member
    My rig is a 2020 Ram 1500 with air suspension and I have the B&W 3 ball hitch with the 5” drop and I couldn’t be happier.
    Phoenix 21PHX 250 SHO, Lowrance Carbons & Ghost & Active Target

Put the suspension in aero mode then check for level
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    3" drop with my 2018 Ram
    This seems about right for me also (2016/Gen 4), I had been using a 2" drop curt, but picked up a tow n stow this week and am using the lower set of holes (3") and it rides/pulls so much better. I could probably even have went with the 5" drop, but due to my inclined driveway clearance on the lower/under ball was getting close, so I went with the 3" drop. Still, that one inch made quite a difference, which surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnydays View Post
    B&W adjustable
    Pricey but it’s the way to go no doubt

11. Member
    Are you pilling the boat all the way into the cradle?
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    I have the 2500 which is higher sitting and I use my b&w hitch 1” up from bottom , I also use the trucks “lowering button “ to make hitching super easy

13. Member
    I just got the bulletproof hitch. Man its awesome! I tow at 4 inches and it feels great. I also have a 2020 Ram 1500 as well. I have the Ecodiesel though.

Also, this may be noteworthy to you. I installed a 2 inch leveling kit at the front and I added air bags to the rear. Air bags really help keep the rear end from really sagging when towing.

I found when I tow at anything above 4 inches its really tough to drop the trailer. Something about that angle makes it tough for the ball to drop off. At 4 inches its easy peasy.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

So on my way back from Champlain, 2 inch do a fine this time around after switching to Lithiun. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Boatless

15. Member
    I tow a lot (boat, ice fishing wheel house, ATV trailer, etc) and have been through a lot of adjustable hitches. But so far my choice is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Weigh-Safe-WS4-2-5-BA-Receiver-Adjustable-Stainless/dp/B07PDWWWF4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?keywords=weigh+safe+hitch

Pricey. But if you tow a lot spending the money on a quality, adjustable hitch is money well spent.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo924 View Post
    I have the 2500 which is higher sitting and I use my b&w hitch 1” up from bottom , I also use the trucks “lowering button “ to make hitching super easy
    I also have a Ram 2500. I run an adjustable drop hitch set at 7" of drop just to make my boat trailer level. They keep building these trucks higher and higher, I swear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12