Thread: CX20, F20, 920?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CX20, F20, 920?

Sold my 2019 zx225 last year and the wife gave me the green light to start looking for a new rig. I’ve narrowed it down to the Falcon F20 Predator, Phoenix 920 Elite, and Caymas CX20 but having a hard time deciding. Low gunnel/wide deck and fit/finish are of top priority. I like the F20 a lot and checks all boxes if I can find one but worried about the resale or how quick they resale vs other brands; Phoenix’s carpet/trailer has never been the best imo and I really dislike the plastic dash but the speed and comfort are nice. I have looked around in a CX20 at dealer and liked the boat a lot but never on the water. Wanting to stay around 85k so best bang for buck is also top priority. Any insight on these rigs compared by owners of a combination?

2. Member
    I have 920 Elite. Agree with the trailer not being up to par. Would be better if they built the trailer in house. But outside of that I haven't had any issue with mine since purchased new in 2020. I came from a skeeter and the 920 is better, but you can get skeeter cheaper. The phoenix price tag keeps increasing which is almost making it too expensive for a 20 foot boat IMO.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

3. Member
    Caymas and Phoenix have the same trailers

4. Member
    I thought Caymas went to Benchmark and Phoenix had Marine Master???

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I thought Caymas went to Benchmark and Phoenix had Marine Master???
    Same… wonder the difference in quality/parts.

For myself… hands down the CX20.
    **I’ve not owned a Phoenix because I’ve simply never took a liking to them. They just not the boat for me.
    **Falcon, I’ve looked @ them and they just don’t do much for me. Not a fan of graphics, plain flip controls, very high middle console from cockpit to back deck some of the reasons for me.
    ** The Caymas on the other hand is one bad dude!
    -Without a shadow of doubt, the best and finest boat yet that Earl has developed. It’s flat out a bad dude!!

53D7FA57-5829-462B-8D34-CF46F2EF4641.jpegY

041EA338-5C7F-4B3D-9481-BD28D12965C5.jpeg

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caymas ProXS View Post
    **I’ve not owned a Phoenix because I’ve simply never took a liking to them. They just not the boat for me.
    **Falcon, I’ve looked @ them and they just don’t do much for me. Not a fan of graphics, plain flip controls, very high middle console from cockpit to back deck some of the reasons for me.
    -Without a shadow of doubt, the best and finest boat yet that Earl has developed. It’s flat out a bad dude!!

Spoken like a true pro staffer.

8. Member
    920 elite I believe you can get glass shrouds. Besides unless you have 2 12" units mounted to them they do alright from what I have seen.
    Fish have fins, they swim

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    920 elite I believe you can get glass shrouds. Besides unless you have 2 12" units mounted to them they do alright from what I have seen.
    They will only do the glass shroud on a phx.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

10. Member
    I cannot speak for the other two choices but the Caymas is the best boat I have ever owned, I have owned about 20. I really do not think you could go wrong with any of the three from what i have read.

11. Member
    Caymas. Falcon, and Phoenix are all using marine master trailers from my knowledge. Falcon resale seems to be on par with Phoenix and lots of guys are buying them but buying a boat on resale IMO is never a good idea. Lots more aftermarket stuff for the Phoenix. My Falcon seems to be faster than the Phoenix models and seems to ride much better. The 99 1/2 inch beam is wide but makes it a huge pain in the ass to tow on narrow roads.
    IMO pick the best dealer as setup seems to be the most important thing.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    You’re a bad dude!

I would try like hell to test drive all three if you can - get in them all at a minimum. I can say that I've been very happy with my marine master trailer. I love how much lower to the ground it is vs my Skeeter. I've got the trailer shocks and it tows fantastic. I believe most all of the trailers built today use parts that are UFP by Dexter.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caymas ProXS View Post

Plain flip controls is a plus to me. Having my boat out for a while because of a bad touchscreen / ecm isn't worth the slight aesthetics improvement.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    They will only do the glass shroud on a phx.
    According to the website you can get the glass bow shroud on the elite. Still don't see why they wouldn't offer it on the console since they are all the same...
    Fish have fins, they swim

According to the website you can get the glass bow shroud on the elite. Still don't see why they wouldn't offer it on the console since they are all the same...
    Yes you can. The phx glass bow and the elite glass bow are completely different as well. The elite bow is a lot nicer than the phx IMO.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Plain flip controls is a plus to me. Having my boat out for a while because of a bad touchscreen / ecm isn't worth the slight aesthetics improvement.
    That is what drove me to Falcon. Dead simple and made so they are easy to work on. The bilge area is big enough to lay down in.

19. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I bitched and moaned trying to get the new fiberglass console on my 921 Elite and they can't. The PHX is a different size. I'm sure it'll be available in a year or so.

I think another thing to consider is the proximity of the dealerships and their service reputations. If the 3 brands are al in the running, this might sway the decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast