Widest front deck?

Tossing around the idea of a new boat. Currently in a 2016 Cougar FTD.

im not interested in the Lynx due to the layout of the boxes.

How do the Puma STS and Eyra compare in terms of the width of the front deck? I'm guessing the Puma STS is wider - but is it a lot?

How do either compare to the Cougar?
    Last edited by TNReb; 05-04-2022 at 01:06 PM.
    2023 Puma STS

The Puma STS has a beam of 96" vs the Eyra of 94". On paper it's only a 2" difference but the Puma carries it's width up further making it feel and fish much bigger. In regards to front deck space the Cougar falls in-between the Puma & Eyra. If you have the chance we highly recommend getting in both and seeing the difference is very noticeable.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The Puma STS has a beam of 96" vs the Eyra of 94". On paper it's only a 2" difference but the Puma carries it's width up further making it feel and fish much bigger. In regards to front deck space the Cougar falls in-between the Puma & Eyra. If you have the chance we highly recommend getting in both and seeing the difference is very noticeable.
    I would love to... and wish I had asked some guys when I was at the Owners Invitational a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately there's none in stock around me and I don't know anyone who has either boat. If the Cougar falls in-between the Puma and Eyra, that answers my question. I'd like the performance of the Eyra, but not at the sacrifice of the deck space.

I watched a video where a guy took some measurements of the Puma STS at a couple different spots in the front dock and I was shocked at how much bigger it is compared to my Cougar. BassCat hit a homerun with that one!
    2023 Puma STS

4. Member
    I have seen both the Eyra and the Puma STS up close and personal. There is no comparison between the two regarding deck space. The STS is huge. I have a 2022 Cougar FTD and was a previous Puma FTD owner, the STS front deck is like an aircraft carrier compared to the Eyra or the Cougar. Honestly, it's too big for me, hence I own a Cougar.

How far are you from Spring City TN? My club is up there for a tournament next weekend on Watts Bar and there will be an Eyra, Cougar and my Caracal. I cannot help you with a Puma STS.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    Nice of you to offer. I’m a couple of hours away.

I found a video showing someone measuring the deck of the Puma STS and that gave me what I need to know.
    2023 Puma STS

I have a newer Jaquar if ya want to measure it and drive it. Not far from you.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Tried sending IM, I can be reached at 7576194518, much easier to talk
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Josh good talking with you. I69 Marine will hook you up, looking forward for our night trip to Chickamauga.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They Old Puma also has a 96 beam.

where does the extra space around the seats in the STS come from? There is no gap in mine next to the center box.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    Old puma is not a wide deck like the new puma. Not even close to how far the deck is wider up front

12. Member
    Measurements are helpful but the Puma STS just "feels " bigger. Had a Cougar before my Eyra and now just got my new Puma, it's a whole different boat. I loved both of my earlier BCB's but this is a different animal. Fished my first tournament last weekend and it was unbelievable! The space and ride comfort is second to none. When you add the Bass Cat build quality and speed and that makes the boat the best-in-class IMO.

13. Member
    Randal at I 69 marine is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by bassbandit1 View Post
    Randal at I 69 marine is the best!
    Absolutely!!!
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Bkp2609 View Post
    Old puma is not a wide deck like the new puma. Not even close to how far the deck is wider up front
    I am not asking about the deck. The cockpit has a significant gap next to the seat and center box. I was wondering where the space came from.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo