Skeeter 225 hpdi

I’m going to pick up a 2004 zx225 skeeter with 225 hpdi. It just came from the dealer after having new powerhead new oil pump and all the injectors sent off and cleaned. Question is I have never bought a boat in my life without test driving it first. The motor has never been broke in or even been on the water. What do I need to look for before I take it home? The powerhead has a 1 year warranty through a Yamaha dealer. Do I just put it in the water and make sure it goes into forward and reverse good? I have already been to see the boat and it is in very good condition.

2. Member
    If the dealer did the powerhead and are the ones covering the warranty I would run it and run it a bunch. If not I would want to know what failed and what was done to fix the reason why it failed. OR you may be in prime season without a boat engine! esp with the supply issues everybody is dealing with. DO NOT RUN JUNK FUEL IN THIS ENGINE!! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

3. Member
    What do you mean by junk fuel? I was going to run Yamalube 2m but I’ve always ran 89 octane in my mercury motors. Do you run a different grade in the Yamahas?

4. Member
    I’m pretty sure they said the reason cylinder 3 failed was because injector went bad.