AVX 1980 Center Seat Blew Out of the Boat on the Highway?

It’s gone. We retraced our route but, couldn’t find it. I have a message into Vexus. I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this and how it was handled. Really hoping we don’t have to buy another seat.

2. Member
    Mine didn’t blow out but the bolts holding the back of the seat blew out from stepping on it. I replaced it with a center console

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasteria View Post
    Mine didn’t blow out but the bolts holding the back of the seat blew out from stepping on it. I replaced it with a center console
    This is what I had done as well. They need to add riveted nutplates to the mounting surface of the center seat to keep the screws from blowing out the holes, this will allow the aluminum to flex a little with the pressure of someone using it as a stepping on it without the issue of the hole being blown out or the screws stripping out the hole.

4. Member
    Update. Vexus got back to us within the day and are handling it for us. Very impressed with their customer service! Going with a console vs the seat. Installation sounds much easier and I think it will hold up better with traffic while negotiating the interior. Added storage is always a plus.

5. Member
    I would love to swap out to the console also. Wonder what the cost?
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

6. Member
    The price for the center glove box on the Vexus website is $371. I assume you would pay taxes and what every shipping costs as well. I liked the center glove box better from the beginning. My 1980 came packaged with the center glove box, but I had the dealership order me a center seat to have just in case I felt a need for it one day. I ordered also ordered the passenger console and have yet to use it. Figured it would be good for the wife when she goes out with me, but Shes just fine in the wind for a short run and I dont want the passenger console cluttering up that space, so in the packaging it will stay.

Center glove box is the deal. Mine is full of everything! Makes a decent seat in a pinch!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    I’m going to get one! More storage is always better.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

9. Member
    For those that have made the change from center seat to center glove box, how was the swap? Same holes or did you have to drill new holes? I haven't looked to see how my center seat is screwed down but interested in the swap.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope