1000 Islands---Catch and Release On Canadian Side Prior to July 1st??

With the NY Bass Season opening on June 15th, will Catch and Release for bass be legal
    on the Canadian side of the St Lawrence River?

Can I fish for "Pike" in Canada after June 15th to make me legal?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    No, catch and release is not legal in Canada until after July 1st. And fishing for “pike” is a good way to get fined. Ignorance isn’t bliss. Especially when you’re not a citizen of that country and the border patrol purposely watches for foreign boaters.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Why bother? Plenty of spawning fish on the US side to legally catch.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    No, catch and release is not legal in Canada until after July 1st. And fishing for “pike” is a good way to get fined. Ignorance isn’t bliss. Especially when you’re not a citizen of that country and the border patrol purposely watches for foreign boaters.
    Definitely this.

Just so I'm not totally stupid on this..The July 1st season opening in Canada is for the St Lawrence River and Zone 20 correct?. I fish Charleston, which is Zone 18, and I hope bass season starts on June 18th (3rd Saturday in June). Already paid for a lake house rental for two weeks. Everything I have read for zone 18 still is third Saturday in June for Bass opener. Please inform me if I'm wrong....
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

6. Member
    Ya you should be good. How I interpret it is Zone 20 is for the river itself, Zone 18 covers inland lakes up to the river bank.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    ECobb,
    Are you saying that OPP and border patrol can be real A holes?

A recall The Canadian larger boarder patrol boats with the .50 cal on the bow deck. Don't see that much these days, maybe cause they are trying to be politically correct with the times.
    Oh BTW, make sure you have all your safety equipment cause they are going to want to see it, and your USCG flare kit.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    Just so I'm not totally stupid on this..The July 1st season opening in Canada is for the St Lawrence River and Zone 20 correct?. I fish Charleston, which is Zone 18, and I hope bass season starts on June 18th (3rd Saturday in June). Already paid for a lake house rental for two weeks. Everything I have read for zone 18 still is third Saturday in June for Bass opener. Please inform me if I'm wrong....

you will be fine on zone 18.
    only on st lawrence its later