Lucas M

Side Imaging - Brighter on one side

I dumped my boat in the water last week here in MN for the first time since ice out. I installed a new used HD transducer for my Helix 10 Gen 1 that I bought here on BBC. I had the same transducer and mounting kit under my ranger Reata for an 1199 that I had the past 2 years, but sold those as a package. When I turned on my SI, I noticed right away that the right side of my screen was much brighter and showing a constant hard bottom compared to the left side. To the point where I couldnt really read any data on the right side of the screen. I was in an area where I knew the bottom composition from past years of scanning, and new it was not hard.

My question is, what could be causing this? Bad transducer? Transducer not mounted level to where it is slightly angled and causing it to look different? Something in my settings?

I have a few pictures in here to show you what I am dealing with. Any advice or past experience with this issue would be appreciated!

Thanks

unnamed.jpg unnamed1.jpg

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm not a Helix guy but, on the Apex and Solix, there is a SI Offset setting which brightens or darkens the left side of the image. If Helix has SI Offset, I would check it.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers