Thread: Sold My Eyra

Sold My Eyra

Just sold my 17 Eyra this morning. Can’t believe I did it but with one kid in college and another about to start this fall I made a tough decision and know it’s best for now. I bought the boat new 5 1/2 years ago and it’s been flawless since day one. I took extremely good care of it, kept it inside my garage, waxed it at least three times a year, and when the new owner drove off with it about an hour ago it still looked brand new. Amazing how good it looked and I used the boat while I owned it, it didn’t just sit in the garage.

Anyways, my son and I had a ton of incredible memories in this boat. I hope to be back in another one in a few years and I won’t even look at anything but a Bass Cat. I can’t say enough good things about their boats and the company itself. New owner was very excited and while I’m excited for him it’s a sad day also but know I did the right thing for now.

2. Member
    Tough decision to make but completely understandable. I had an 09 Cougar FTD that I sold for the same reasons, had two in college at the same. Now they are both off my payroll and I just got back into a 2020 Classic last year. The first guy that looked at my Cougar, bought it. It was well cared for and easy to sell.It was almost 10 years without a boat, it was hard but worth it. Best of luck to you and the kids in college.

3. Member
    Good deal. I have a ton of memories in my Bass Cats with my son. He has owned a Margay for over 5 years now. We are definitely a BCB family

4. Member
    I saw it listed….really sharp boat…those fish aren’t going anywhere and when the kids get a little older, I’m sure you will be in another soon!
    I have been there…

it is extremely gratifying to read such positive comments about family time spent in our product. That’s giving back more than any of you know.

Another such experience we’ve been granted with is one humbles us over decades with father time. That’s watching the great grandfathers and great grandchildren mothers, grandfathers and grandmothers, fathers and daughters and now those children of our “Bass Cat Family” each year at the Owners Invitational.

We can honestly say that in the 37 years of Owners Invitationals and 50+ years of building boats that this is one experience that gives back more than anyone can understand. There have even in a few cases we have seen five generations of families be a part of the Invitational. Being able to see great-grandfathers as young men, with their kids fishing and their families involved.

To now see their great grandchildren at our event after they have gone on and seeing the seeds they planted flourish is a blessing we treasure.

“Building Dreams” and “Feel(ing) the Rush” is honestly a part of the “Family Tradition”!

Thank you all for sharing that portion of your lives.

BCB

PS: a sorry to see the boat go ourselves and we will all be looking forward to another one in the future one day.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Just sold my 17 Eyra this morning. Can’t believe I did it but with one kid in college and another about to start this fall I made a tough decision and know it’s best for now. I bought the boat new 5 1/2 years ago and it’s been flawless since day one. I took extremely good care of it, kept it inside my garage, waxed it at least three times a year, and when the new owner drove off with it about an hour ago it still looked brand new. Amazing how good it looked and I used the boat while I owned it, it didn’t just sit in the garage.

Anyways, my son and I had a ton of incredible memories in this boat. I hope to be back in another one in a few years and I won’t even look at anything but a Bass Cat. I can’t say enough good things about their boats and the company itself. New owner was very excited and while I’m excited for him it’s a sad day also but know I did the right thing for now.