2003 merc 115 2+2

Owned this motor since new. The other day I made a 5 mile run at around 45. Just before I got to where I was headed motor powered down, (felt like running on 2 cyl), speed dropped to 35. I throttled back and came to stop. Motor sounded normal at idle.
    Now motor is running like this all the time. Appears the bottom cyl. is not getting gas.
    Yesterday spent some time on lake trying to figure it out, all I noticed is top 3 cyls build some heat, bottom stays cold.

I changed fuel filter-- Ive heard there are 2 filters but can only find 1, (anyone know where other is hidden?)
    Checked and have strong spark on all 4.
    Have ordered a repair kit for accelerator pump.

S# OT699161

Any help appreciated!

2. Member
    compression ??????? on #4
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Compression a hair under 130 on all 4.
    Did find that other fuel filter and also found a bad wire between the stator and voltage regulator, (got pinched between oil tank and block). For anyone ever looking for this other filter, remove your oil tank and you'll see it.

Getting parts tonight and see if fixed

4. Member
    dout it , you do know that the bottom 2 cyls on that mtr run so lean at low speed they wont fire , only runs on top 2 at idle
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    yes, I know that-- guess thats why they call it 2+2 :)

Problem is corrected-- back to normal

6. Member
    good deal what was problem ??????

7. Member
    I changed filters, fuel line between ball and pump, accelerator pump rebuild kit. Also fixed 2 bad wires, one of them completely broke.
    I dont know what fixed it but the only thing I know was bad, was those wires.