Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Phalin View Post
    Are all bass cat models a little tough to load? I was looking at getting a Sabre.
    This happens sometimes with my 09 Sabre, formerly had an "R" brand boat; never happened. As mentioned before just the tips of outside bunks clearing the water. Try this also: when driving onto the trailer sit on coin box/center seat, that will balance the boat better, really helps.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

My '14 Puma can miss the center of the bow roller as well. When it settles on the bunks, I have to make sure the boat is straight, bow is lined up straight with the bow roller (you can't see it, but have to guess at it from experience) and the motor is straight, then powering it up with minor steering adjustments if needed to keep the bow going straight. I rarely miss. What gets me is after I load it, when I'm walking to the bow to get it out, the last step I take will make the boat slide back a couple of inches. So my routine is to keep the motor running and in gear, walk up to the bow get out and hook it up, then get back in the boat, shut off the engine and trim it up, then get out again. This is with 2 or 3 feet of the outside bunks out of the water. If the trailer was any shallower, it would be difficult to power it all the way up.

I loaded several Rangers back in the day as a co-angler, and you could have the trailer cockeyed on the ramp and drive the boat up on the trailer blind folded and it would be perfectly centered on the bow roller.
    Last edited by mossie3; 05-08-2022 at 08:20 PM.

3. Member
    Ranger trailers are designed to float the boat on with very little power.
    BCB trailers are designed to power load.

For me I have found power loading to be beneficial in wind or current.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    What gets me is after I load it, when I'm walking to the bow to get it out, the last step I take will make the boat slide back a couple of inches. So my routine is to keep the motor running and in gear, walk up to the bow get out and hook it up, then get back in the boat, shut off the engine and trim it up, then get out again.
    I have had a few boats in the past where I had to do this. With this P2,when I get it right, it stays thankfully. Saves me that last step.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

5. Member
    Didn't read the entire thread but have you tried videoing the loading process to see what may be causing you the issue? Video from outside the boat I mean, from the perspective of someone watching you load onto the trailer.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Didn't read the entire thread but have you tried videoing the loading process to see what may be causing you the issue? Video from outside the boat I mean, from the perspective of someone watching you load onto the trailer.
    I have not, but from the directions I get from my partner, I am almost positive what it would show because he/they are always pointing back and forth as the bow shimmies side to side. You have to realize we are talking about a very small margin when you really think about it.

Oh, and for all the too deep people, I experimented again last Saturday. Any more shallow than what i am doing now will not allow me to get to the roller. There's a good bit of short bunk out of the water.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Ranger trailers are designed to float the boat on with very little power.
    BCB trailers are designed to power load.

For me I have found power loading to be beneficial in wind or current.

Don
    Don is spot on with the Ranger hull and trailer relationship. A five year old can load one without power loading. I know this because my last boat was a 519 and a joy to load. Now in a Caracal it took a full season to get use to the power load and depth for loading and unloading. Honestly I have to really concentrate and take my time to load. It’s getting easier and each ramp will be a different on the loading and unloading. I fish solo 80% of the time so I have adapted my technique accordingly. I even load with the TM on lakes that require no power motors. This requires hip boots and the winch which allows me to wade in to hook and winch to the roller. I do have a few mods to the trailer in mind that I will implement after the warranty period has expired. Keep with it.
    Wayne

I had a 2018 P2 that was a PITA to load. Didn’t matter the ramp angle, depth, etc.... Now I’ve got a 2022 P2 and it’s the easiest boat I’ve ever been in to load. Blame it on the bunks or it could be you’re just not holding your mouth right.... ��
    2022 Basscat PII
    Mercury 200 Pro XS 4stroke

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamayates View Post
    it could be you’re just not holding your mouth right.... ��
    This is my latest theory.

Seriously though. I am thinking about filling the kicker tank just to see if balance makes any difference.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

10. Member
    Not sure on this one. My kicker tank had never had fuel in it. Just remove that tank. I never have loading issue but boat is sensitive to unloading. I have owned BCB since 1989. 2 boats. The old caracal seemed like it loaded itself. The p2 is a little different
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123