No wake zone in NC

I don't what the rule is for no wake zone in NC is. There are 2 landings on High Rock ( Wildlife #8 and Buddle creek ) that are located in a narrow cove that have no wake buoys and people go wide open on the opposite side of the buoy. I am surprised there hasn't been more people hurt or worse in buddle creek . I have been on lakes in Va where you have to idle to the main lake when you put in a cove like these.
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

2. Member
    The law is no wake within 50 yds of a ramp or bridge unless there are no wake buoys out farther than that. The law also states that a boater is responsible for his own wake so if a boater beats up your boat against a dock or whatever then he is at fault,if you can prove it.

3. Member
    Buddle creek and Southmont Langings are in dead end coves. Should have been no wake coves 20 years ago.

4. Member
    no wake zones at bridges are not universal in NC…..they might be on some bodies of water.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    NC Wildlife has a interactive map HERE that shows all the No Wake zones you must adhere to.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Quote Originally Posted by mjlambert23 View Post
    Buddle creek and Southmont Langings are in dead end coves. Should have been no wake coves 20 years ago.
    That right hand 90, then immediate left hand 90 going back to Buddle from the main lake is wild at times. I have see so many people cut the island and go around that where I KNOW the water is shallow enough to walk through is like watching a train slip off the tracks a little bit. Its like oh hell, here we go! somehow they always make it.