In need of a mega live shaft clamp

The shaft clamp (backside) on my mega live has shattered. I have a 60" ultrex and it can scrap on the front of the mount when it comes up or maybe I tightened it down to much. Anyone know where to get a replacement or have an extra from a replacement unit they would like to sell? I might just end up making something out of metal but wanted to see if anyone knew of any options before I put in that time. Thanks

2. Member
    Added a picture of the shaft clamp from the installation guide
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Uhhh notice #4 Do NOT fully tighten!

I've spun mine twice on stumps. Pain in the butt to fix on the lake.
    But no broken clamp, I tighten mine to where it gets firm and won't turn by hand.

Good luck finding that clamp!

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    There is a kit they have for the ice kit models, which includes the clamp, but it is expensive and has a lot of stuff you dont need... see pic
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    Yeah, I chatted with them and they told me to buy that. I'll just cobble something together to make it work.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yeah, they really do need to offer just the clamp. There are going to be many who will need to replace it.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Well I got it rigged up to get back on the water. Looking at how it broke, I think it was because of the 60" shaft and contacting the front of the trolling motor mount. The 60" ultrex uses the 52" mount so you have to manually pull it up to stow it unless you have it set up 8" or more.

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Hopefully that will hold. It just needs to keep it from spinning so I don't think it would take a lot of holding power.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swimnfish04 View Post
    Well I got it rigged up to get back on the water. Looking at how it broke, I think it was because of the 60" shaft and contacting the front of the trolling motor mount. The 60" ultrex uses the 52" mount so you have to manually pull it up to stow it unless you have it set up 8" or more.
    I LIKE IT AND I HAVE TO ADMIT THATS VERY INGENIOUS.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I had wondered myself if a couple of hose clamps might work as well... As long at the front half of the clamp is still intact.

Maybe a couple zip ties with rubber underneath to keep it from spinning.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

12. Member

I really like that idea/fix . Especially until they start selling just the clamp.

13. Member
    I just posted about this the other day! Mine split while I was running in some Rough water with the boat. It almost did the same exact split. I contacted Humminbird i have to send them some more pictures and they are going to let me know what they can do.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnghtshdow View Post
    I just posted about this the other day! Mine split while I was running in some Rough water with the boat. It almost did the same exact split. I contacted Humminbird i have to send them some more pictures and they are going to let me know what they can do.
    I sent them more pictures of it and they directed me to order another kit that is not listed on the website. Sounded like it was a whole kit and a lot more then i needed so I just took care of it. But if anyone wants to call them the part number is 740214-1. They didn't really specify what the kit was, just said it is not on the website.

15. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I sent them more pictures of it and they directed me to order another kit that is not listed on the website. Sounded like it was a whole kit and a lot more then i needed so I just took care of it. But if anyone wants to call them the part number is 740214-1. They didn't really specify what the kit was, just said it is not on the website.
    Interesting. I sure would like to know the cost and what's in it for future inquiries. That part number is different than the Mega Live Ice conversion kit which is $300... see pic.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Interesting. I sure would like to know the cost and what's in it for future inquiries. That part number is different than the Mega Live Ice conversion kit which is $300... see pic.
    Yeah, they originally said i would need to purchase the ice conversion kit, but later said the kit with the part number listed would work, and implied it would be cheaper. They also said they currently wont sell just the clamp.