Banned

Bearing grease with disc brakes

I read some tubes of (marine)grease stating that not use on vehicles with disc brakes . So does it matter with trailer bearings with disc brakes ?

I use Lubrimatic Marine Corrosion Control trailer wheel bearing grease. Good for disc brake wheel bearings. Drop point 550*F.

I’m sure there are other similar greases but I chose this one and use it on my boat trailer and utility trailer.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    It shouldn’t as long as it’s a good grease, most have drop points and heat resistance high enough for disc brakes. If it says not to though, I would use a different grease.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

4. Member
    I would suspect it has to deal with temperature. Disc brakes tend to get hotter than drum brakes. I have used Schaeffers grease in my boat trailer have had no issues (knock on wood). I would recommend 221-MolyUltra-L.png don't get it on your clothes it wont come out. If you have Chinese bearings replace them with Timken Bearings and pay for the better seals.

5. Member
    I use Lubrimatic marine trailer wheel bearing grease, don't have trailer brakes but this grease can be used for trailers with disc brakes, E-Trailer sells this product.