Thread: Netflix

Netflix

I wonder if Apple would consider buying them. Apple is already in the content business and they could roll Netflix into their Apple TV. and maybe bump up the subscription price or add another tier of membership.

2. Member
    IMO, it doesn't make a lick of sense. Apple could do more, with less, thru free AppleTV+ for all.
    Especially, as they continue building integration into iOS & keeping the multi-provider interface.
    Over time, as more people adopt AppleTV+ as the primary "boot up" they will win the battle.
    Because they choose the home screen ads, content listings, menu priorities by dominating it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    IMO, it doesn't make a lick of sense. Apple could do more, with less, thru free AppleTV+ for all.
    Especially, as they continue building integration into iOS & keeping the multi-provider interface.
    Over time, as more people adopt AppleTV+ as the primary "boot up" they will win the battle.
    Because they choose the home screen ads, content listings, menu priorities by dominating it.
    Their content on Apple TV has been lackluster though. They have the money to do content but it seems like Netflix is able to produce more popular original content. Also Apple does give you the ability to rent a movie by paying per rental but the subscription model Netflix has is probably more popular. Apple Music gives you the ability to listen to music without purchasing individual songs so a subscription streaming for movies you want to choose to watch would be similar just for video content. I haven't really used Apple TV for anything as I don't find the content compelling. I have actually been using YouTube and Amazon more for movies as they have some interesting series. When the Middle Earth series hits in September it will draw a huge amount of viewers. I think Apple needs something like this to make Apple TV compelling enough to draw subscribers.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I don't see AAPL buying NFLX. I think it would be cheaper to create their own content. And I don't think AAPL would want to buy a company that is losing relevance. If you buy NFLX, not only are you buying the content, but you also get the baggage. And there is certainly some baggage with NFLX that is going around social media.
    Thanos was the hero