zx225 seat mounts threaded and non-threaded?

So, since my longer front pole is siezed up, was looking at replacements for my '16 zx225. Went out to the boat and the rear hole is threaded, but the front hole appears not to be? Is that normal? The pole that came with the boat is threaded but it just spins in the front hole. So I don't know if it came that way for a reason, or if it might have been replaced at some point, or not sure what lol...

I was just going to grab a 24-30 attwood adjustable pole/threaded, but not I am not sure if I should get the non-threaded Or it it even matters now since there appear not to be any threads.

https://www.academy.com/p/attwood-lo...in-post?sku=30

Went ahead and bought the threaded... that's what the original (at least I think it was the original) post was, and if I decide to use on back deck it will thread in. Still not sure why the front hole is not threaded though...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 05-01-2022 at 11:59 PM.

3. Member
    I have a 2017 ZX250 and I have the opposite issue. The post will thread into the front but just spins in the back.
    '17 Skeeter ZX250 w/ Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    The bases are notorious about breaking. That’s why the threads don’t appear to be grabbing. As long as the base itself isn’t wobbling, threaded or unthreaded will work fine.

Oddly enough, it is grabbing now. Not sure if the old one was a bit shorter than the new one, but all seems good now.