Thread: You guys

Question You guys

in Arkansas quit fishing? How am I going to plan a trip up there without any reports?

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    All you got to do is ask. Which lake/area are you planning on?
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    In a month or so thinking of splitting some time between Degray and Ouchita (sp).

4. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    In a month the topwater bite should be firing up, water level is up on both lakes. Are you camping or living large?
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

5. Member
    Thanks. Probably stay in Air bnb or condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    Thanks. Probably stay in Air bnb or condo.
    Sending you a pm

7. Member
    Answered.

Never received anything!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    In a month or so thinking of splitting some time between Degray and Ouchita (sp).
    Lake lice out in full effect by then

10. Member
    Been laid up since having multi-level, cervical fusion surgery on Mar 31. Can't get back on the water until, probably, late summer or early fall. One less redneck fishing Bull Shoals and Norfork lake. Sucks!

Been looking, but ain't been seeing this spring's fishing reports and pics of your best fish. What's up with this?

11. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I ain't got time to take pictures there's too many fish to catch to slow down. Seriously though, hope everything heals up fast and good Jim. I know there's lots of bass on Bull that are happy you are giving them a break.
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Been laid up since having multi-level, cervical fusion surgery on Mar 31. Can't get back on the water until, probably, late summer or early fall. One less redneck fishing Bull Shoals and Norfork lake. Sucks!

Been looking, but ain't been seeing this spring's fishing reports and pics of your best fish. What's up with this?
    Big fish have been kind of scarce for me lately. Been catching lots, but few over 2 lbs. Hope your recovery goes well and you get out after them once you're healed up!

Here's a nice meanmouth I caught a week ago on Table Rock.

May3mean.jpg

13. Member
    My boat has been in the shop since 4/26. Blew a hub on my trailer.....friggin sucks.

14. Member
    I put in at Cricket on Table Rock Saturday and fought the debris from the flooding to go explore an area I really haven't been to, didn't really fish at all just me and the wife getting out. Bull Shoals is probably going to be off limits for me for the rest of the summer due to flooding and the fact that they keep it full. Plan on Saturday going back to the area we explored on TR and see what we can do.

Degray has been acting decent. Finally has gotten some water in it from the rains. A guy I work with caught a 9lber there a couple weeks ago. But as stated above , the summer campers are fixing to be in full swing with school getting out in the next week or two. Plan on napping and relaxing during the middle of the day

16. Member
    OK, here's a 23", 7# largemouth that you guys can set your goal to beat while I'm laid up. I have plans to best this one once I get back out on the lake. May have to wait until the cooler temps move in here this fall and the water levels subside to something resembling normal pool.
    FACC47F9-B125-40D6-A054-764FD02123D1.jpeg

17. Member
    Spent Sunday and Monday, and will be back tomorrow, on the White River out of Gaston's. A good friend of my Dad's who has become a good friend of mine now that I'm not a kid anymore comes up every year and stays the whole week before Memorial Day. He brings his own boat and we trout fish and just have a blast together on the river. Monday he caught probably his PB Brown, we had a few Brooks, and of course Rainbows. Tuesday we both caught a good Brown each, he caught a Tiger, more Brooks and Rainbows, but I had a really nice Rainbow that was a chunk he came right around the Gaston's dock where they clean fish and throw the guts out. Weather was in the mid to high 60s and cloudy a little more current than we like but still good times, when we got off the river Monday it had dropped a few feet and the current was right for jigs but too late. Can't wait for tomorrow, supposed to be low to mid 70s and sunny we'll see how much water is flowing hopefully less so we can throw some marabou jigs and catch a Brown or two because that's the way I like to catch them.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Spent Sunday and Monday, and will be back tomorrow, on the White River out of Gaston's. . . . . caught a Tiger, more Brooks and Rainbows . . . . .
    You should have snapped a pic of that Tiger, Chad. Would have enjoyed seeing it.

19. Member
    You should have snapped a pic of that Tiger, Chad. Would have enjoyed seeing it.
    I cropped his head out of the picture because he's not online. Caught behind an island just up river from Gaston's, there was enough water Sunday and Monday to get back there.

20220523_083351.jpg