Mercury 225 Pro XS Trim Question

My power trim is only working on 2nd tap. Same at bow, blinker, throttle and on engine. Never used to. Any ideas why? It works fine after the 2nd tap, but nothing on the 1st???

2. Member
    Try swapping trim relays to see if the problem follows the relay, if yes, probably a burnt spot on the contacts. Don usually recommends these be changed in pairs.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Does this happen in BOTH directions, or only in ONE direction?

Definitely would recommend BOTH relays (Part# 882751A1) be replaced at the same time. DON'T mix them with the MPR (Main Power Relay), which is the furthest AFT relay.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Got it figured out. I installed a new front bow trim switch and didn't have it wired correct. It worked, but required "2-taps". Weird.