Trim Tilt Weak sometimes

2008 HPDI 250
    I first noticed an issue with trim rams going down sounded very weak. Going up was fine but occasionally going down only on trim rams it moved slower then normal and sounded labored. I have checked fluid added and convinced I do not have any air or leaks. I started worrying about the trim motor itself. Today I made sure my voltage at the battery was good. Even set the Perko switch to both batteries. 13.6 volts. Hit the trim up and for the first time it sounded very labored going up. Continued to cycle up and down and it worked fine. So my problem is occasionally after at rest ether on or off water it can move slowly and sounds labored.
    so my question is will a trim motor go bad over time and seem week or is it a work or not work kind of motor. My intention is to check the blue green and ground wires on the relay to ensure a good connection. Also I thought of disconnecting the blue and green and trying to run it off a battery by itself.

Any other thoughts or ideas? Or maybe the trim motor is just on its way out and I should replace the whole trim unit. Also this whole unit was replaced in 2013 because it leaked and from what I can tell the dealer replaced it was a rebuilt unit.

Thanks much for the support

2. Member
    First guess would be to confirm the fluid is full. If you have low fluid then it's going to sound like it's struggling to lift.
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p