Swimbait storage tips (large soft bodied)

I have been trouble with the tails kinking on my swimBaits particularly the boom boom shad, magdraft, Huddleston. Any tips for something that doesn’t take up lots of space? Thanks!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

2. Member
    For long term storage of my soft plastic and hard swimbaits, I outfitted my fishing tackle storage pole barn with 1/4" pegboard after watching this old school video from Tim Little at Tactical Bassin. Please note that I take all my soft swimbaits out of the boat and put them in long term storage unless I am fishing the next day as this is much more conducive to ensuring the tails do not warp or kink which always means lots of tail boiling in hot water and can be annoying to deal with over time.

For daily use on the water swimbait storage, I use another old school tackle storage solution "The Monster" from Lakewood Products which are made about 2 hours up the road from you near Green Bay, WIS: https://lakewoodproducts.com/collect...oducts/monster

I've had my custom-colored Royal Blue Monster Tackle Box since 2001 and it just keeps taking care of all my muskie and swimbait storage needs trip after trip and year after year!

Please have a great day!
    Last edited by City17Banner; 04-30-2022 at 06:28 PM.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Get a couple 3700 boxes and remove a bunch of dividers. Lay them in there
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com