Dialing in newer model Curado

I recently added a Curado 200HG K to my collection of Curado E7's. I am having a harder time adjusting the cast control's on the newer models. They went from 6 small brakes to 4 larger brakes and added another dial for more or less braking. It was easy to adjust the E7's on the fly with just the brakes and cast control knob. Just about all my E7's(15) are set with 2 of the 4 brakes on and a small adjustment with the cast control knob. I don't see the need for the added dial. Has anybody else had to go through a learning curve with these newer models that can give me some helpful insight on adjustments. The Curado DC I bought a couple of years ago was easier to tune then this one.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

2. Member
    Use the small dial instead of the spool tension knob. Set the spool tension to eliminate side to side play and never touch it again. Turn on 2 of the brake blocks and 2 off and never touch them again. Use the external dial for on the water adjustments.

3. Member
    Thanks for your input and I will put it to test tomorrow. Fishing a small river system with moderate to less then moderate current flow due to low rain fall. Winds will be gusty from multiple directions tomorrow.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRange View Post
    Use the small dial instead of the spool tension knob. Set the spool tension to eliminate side to side play and never touch it again. Turn on 2 of the brake blocks and 2 off and never touch them again. Use the external dial for on the water adjustments.
    Great advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by LowRange View Post
    This is the way. I do the same with mine with 2 opposing brakes on and have the dial set on 2 I think, thumb does the rest if needed. If/when the brakes get a little noisy, hit the race with a very small amount of oil on a q-tip. I remember some complaints about the SVS brakes being noisy early on and it was from folks not doing that...if I remember right, which isn't saying much these days.