Trolling motor mount for transducer

I was talking to a friend in our club and he was showing me how he mounted his transducer onto the bottom of his TM. He has Lowrance units, same as i do and he told me its much clearer/better image with his transducer. I currently have the small puck style. His was like the one i have on the back of my boat, thats the 3N1 transducer. Can anyone elaborate on what transducer he might be using? He said it wasn't cheap, nor was the mount for it. And if its worth the time and money to change over to it. I cannot afford to change to the active Target, though i would love to, but not sure how affective or how well it would work, here in Florida, as most of the Lakes we fish are very shallow and weedy. If anyone could lend me some insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Need a little more detail. What units is he running (Carbon, Live, Ti2, Elite, etc)? Was it a Ghost trolling motor? Most likely you are seeing an AI 3in1 but hard to tell without the additional info
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    He's running the same units as i am. Its an HDS12. Carbon unit.

4. Member
    I bought a Carbon for my Active Target, and it came with a 3 in 1 transducer. I mounted it on my Ultrex and connected it to my Ti2 that I have at the bow. You can buy special mounts for the 3 in 1 transducer to mount to your trolling motor, but it isn't necessary. I used the transom mount and two big hose clamps to install it on the trolling motor. It fits almost perfectly and saved me some money. However, I believe the 3 in 1 transducer costs around $300, so it is not cheap.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    I bought a Carbon for my Active Target, and it came with a 3 in 1 transducer. I mounted it on my Ultrex and connected it to my Ti2 that I have at the bow. You can buy special mounts for the 3 in 1 transducer to mount to your trolling motor, but it isn't necessary. I used the transom mount and two big hose clamps to install it on the trolling motor. It fits almost perfectly and saved me some money. However, I believe the 3 in 1 transducer costs around $300, so it is not cheap.
    Interesting.....thank you Mallie! Would you please post a pic of the install on the Ultrex head? I've got an extra ti2 sitting around, 2 brand new 3n1's, and have been kicking around doing what you've done. I've been researching it and a couple of guys say it actually works pretty well.

He picked a great time to buy a 3n1 as the market is temporarily flooded with em. Lowrance's Carbon close out dump to BPS, etc combined with carbon usage with AT and/or 3d has a bunch of brand new 3n1's available.

6. Member
    IMG_1649 (1).jpgimage0.jpeg

Here are two pictures of mounting on the TM with the transom mount. The easiest way is to loosely mount it to the transom mount and run your hose clamps between the mount and the transducer. Then tighten the transducer to the mount. Then you can mount it on the motor itself. As you can see, it pretty much fits perfectly between the skeg of the TM, and the nose. It's not perfect, but it works well, and saves you a few dollars in the process.

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I saw that somewhere else with the bracket reversed to add a little protection to the transducer ,I'll try to find a pic to post
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

8. Member
    I don't think he reversed the bracket, he just improvised the rear bracket to get it on the trolling motor. You can see the rear flip up mounting hole in the bracket. Also note the circle clamp between the ducer and the bracket. All I ever had went thru the bracket.