Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    They look good.

2. Member
    You mean to say that MegaBass doesn't have a Goby model under development yet?
    Thought this would come quicker as the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence river and St. Clair all have great numbers of Smallies, Gobies and Bass Tournaments held on them.
    Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by plowjock View Post
    Thought this would come quicker as the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence river and St. Clair all have great numbers of Smallies, Gobies and Bass Tournaments held on them.
    Just wondering.

The original Dark Sleeper has a goby/sculpin profile.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plowjock View Post
    Just wondering.
    Like Mark said, the OG sleeper in Mutsugorou is what I throw here for smallies to imitate a goby. They chew that thing up.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

5. Banned
    I am jealous of the swimbait guys. For the life of me I can't get that bite going, ever. I have a buddy from Cali that really throws them with a lot of success and I swear I am doing the same thing and notta. I swear the fish use "the force" to know when you don't have confidence in a bait otherwise how would it matter....lol

6. Member
    I like the dark sleeper but lose a lot of fish on em.

Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    I like the dark sleeper but lose a lot of fish on em.

What rod and line size/type are you throwing them on? What size/ weight Sleeper?

Here are a few more colors. The detail on them is amazing.

9. Member
    Them things look great! Really like the second to last!

Mark

You need to send me a few to try. From the pictures this looks like another swing and a miss on the hook set! The hook looks like it sets to far back to get a solid hook up. Love these baits but I loose way more then I put in the boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Mark

You need to send me a few to try. From the pictures this looks like another swing and a miss on the hook set! The hook looks like it sets to far back to get a solid hook up. Love these baits but I loose way more then I put in the boat.

They were tested....a lot.....we do not rush anything to market. Remember that you are looking at a picture instead if seeing it in person. No issues with hooking fish at all. As far as the OG Dark Sleeper it's far from a swing and a miss respectfully. It's an incredibly popular bait and puts a lot of fish in the boat all over the country. One thing I have learned from visiting with people that use them is occasionally equipment can be the reason why some fish are lost. By no means saying this is the issue with you. I think some go to heavy or too light on both rod selection and line. I do appreciate your feedback as its always helpful to hear it.

12. Member
    I’ve got a box of em, but got frustrated with how they seem to find every possible thing to snag up on.

13. Member
    Every time I look at these it reminds me of a toy fishing lure I seen as a kid and them fish toys that you had to wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They were tested....a lot.....we do not rush anything to market. Remember that you are looking at a picture instead if seeing it in person. No issues with hooking fish at all. As far as the OG Dark Sleeper it's far from a swing and a miss respectfully. It's an incredibly popular bait and puts a lot of fish in the boat all over the country. One thing I have learned from visiting with people that use them is occasionally equipment can be the reason why some fish are lost. By no means saying this is the issue with you. I think some go to heavy or too light on both rod selection and line. I do appreciate your feedback as its always helpful to hear it.
    I will have to give these a try and see how it goes.
    I’ve fished the 1oz DS on an 874, 873 and an 893 looking for that magic combo. I’m still loosing fish. The DS gets bit like crazy and I have lost some big fish on it. I may try setting up a stinger hook.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

15. Member
    Great color schemes, as always with MB. Wish I could afford more of them, however, I’ve purchased more than I ever thought I would. One of the new things I purchased was some Okashira jig heads. That prop on it is wicked on the vibration!

Just an observation, based on zero experience, it looks to me to be a braid lure, due to the possibility of not getting enough hook in the fish on other type lines. That would be a no go on most lakes I fish due to clarity. Just thinking out loud, It’s a great looking lure though, no doubt about that. I’m probably off base on that, MB plastics have a great texture to them.
    Last edited by Ron H 520; 05-29-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12