Vault grease fitting

I recently had to replace a vault hub (came off while towing). After repacking bearings and filling it with the grease and installing the new hub, I remembered I left the grease fitting in the spindle. Since they say it's a one time use hub, I didn't want to remove it. Think it hurts anything with the grease fitting still inside?
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

2. Member
    If it’s tight, I personally wouldn’t worry about it. If it was only finger tightened in place, I would remove the Vault cap and pull it out. If it was my trailer I would put that same Vault cap back on since it was new. I would just watch the cap for any signs of problems and replace it, if necessary. If you need new Vault protective caps, Pacific Trailer has them for $19.85 each. That the cheapest I’ve found them.

The center hole in the spindle allows the hybrid grease to circulate as it warms and thins out. If you leave the grease Zert in, I fear it might blow the cap off as the grease expands and it cannot circulate.
    Suggest you remove the cap, clean the bearing surface and apply Lok-tite like the instructions below.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Thanks. I think I'll do that just to be safe.
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

5. Member
    I have reused Vault caps before. Just apply red Loctite to the lip of the vault cap and install into the hub, No problems.