Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Lets start with shutting down pipelines and shutting down federal lands. Turning them back on doesn't just happen with a switch and getting production going again doesn't either. The pipeline just made it more expensive to transport and move the oil that was already produced. It left the option of rail or truck. I know rail is about 5x more costly than moving it in the pipeline and truck even more so. Also you can only supply what can be delivered. The ability to deliver less at higher costs reduces supply and demand stays the same so prices increase. That is the first part of it. The second part is all the production that would of continued with new drilling. The lease on lands being pulled means all the permits that were in place are no longer good. Some federal lands have been opened back up but it will be a long process for any production to happen as new. Third part is it is a global commodity. We are now relying on more foreign oil which takes up supply around the world. Again demand is the same so prices continue to climb. It's all a domino effect. Now throw in the Russia / Ukraine situation and how that has affected things. (Russia is getting rich off sanctions by the way) but that is another discussion. Why did this russia thing happen. I would say look close at cause and effect to our exit in Afghanistan.
    Would you mind explaning how "Russia is getting rich off sanctions". I know the Russian people are not too thrilled about them.

2. Member
    Putin is making a killing at $107 a barrel. I think I remember his profit kicks in at around $30. Global commodity and Russia will sell every barrel they produce to someone.

I have a diesel but don't worry about cost. I'm not rich by any means but I just love my diesel and deal with it. It's still worth it. It's $5.25 a gallon in Alabama.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4. Member
    The real robbery is here in canada, they introduced a carbon tax…ok fine I can even live with the fact that maybe the government could justify a carbon tax of x% in order to combat climate change, but then a war starts and the price of oil and fuel doubles seemingly overnight. So instead of the 10c a litre increase that’s now a 20c/litre increase that no one could have predicted.

how in the heck is that fair? You get double the expected revenue and don’t even talk about it.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

5. Member
    So instead of the 10c a litre increase that’s now a 20c/litre increase that no one could have predicted.
    Think about it for a minute.

The reason it is a % is exactly because they predicted.

Built in inflationary or bonus catastrophic increases.

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    $4.99 on Tuesday and the station across the street was 5.49

7. Member
    Leesburg WaWa 5/5/22

Regular 4.14
    E-85 4.74

Diesel 5.69
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

8. idbefishing
    I saw a mowing crew on the highway this morning and thought about this thread. Why the hell are they wasting it, a lot of it, mowing grass unnecessary? Who is responsible for the grass on the sides of the highway? DOT? the city? Do they hire contractors for this mowing?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I’d buy that theory if the pump prices were only inflated within the United States. But oil/gas prices are up globally. One administration in a single country doesn’t determine a price for the entire globe.

It’s really all about global commodities trading that drives oil prices.

It can if you piss off the Saudis.
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I saw a mowing crew on the highway this morning and thought about this thread. Why the hell are they wasting it, a lot of it, mowing grass unnecessary? Who is responsible for the grass on the sides of the highway? DOT? the city? Do they hire contractors for this mowing?

Depends if it is a State or County Road. It's bid out.
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Necessary Fire prevention here.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Why is Canada’s diesel so much higher? Is it taxes?
    Canadians pay more for everything, and we won't even mention the dollar exchange !

Quote Originally Posted by Dtronic View Post
    Leesburg WaWa 5/5/22

Regular 4.14
    E-85 4.74

Diesel 5.69
    E85 was more than regular?

14. Member
    I don't have a diesel. I will be buying one soon.
    I say that to preclude this. I hope it gets to 10.00 a gallon. If that is what it takes to get people to wake the hell up. Why we not out throwing rocks in the streets is beyond me. I know. Dumb thing to say but look around.
    Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    I don't have a diesel. I will be buying one soon.
    I say that to preclude this. I hope it gets to 10.00 a gallon. If that is what it takes to get people to wake the hell up. Why we not out throwing rocks in the streets is beyond me. I know. Dumb thing to say but look around.
    Rant over

HUH?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

16. Member
    BUILD BACK BETTER is awesome! And just out of curiosity where is all that infrastructure money and projects?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gleninaz View Post
    Putin is making a killing at $107 a barrel. I think I remember his profit kicks in at around $30. Global commodity and Russia will sell every barrel they produce to someone.
    Russia is selling their crude at a significant discount, they are not getting that price. The combination of long-term contracts and fear of secondary sanctions has China, India and the rest of Asia paying closer to $70 a barrel. China is going to do what is in China's best interest and they are not going to pay full price when Russia has limited outlets for their oil. Still enough profit to feed the army for a while but they aren't getting rich. In addition, their production is down about 10-15% too from lack of foreign parts and disruptions from companies pulling out.

18. Member
    Diesel 5.39 everywhere around me this weekend, highest yet
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

19. Member
    We just continue to get squeezed while people get even more rich. The news is more worried about the pirates of the Caribbean and his girlfriends bowel movements than our "leaders" raping our people more and more. Wouldn't it be nice to have some working with you rather than against you.
    If it were 10 bucks a gallon and chit came to screeching halt I bet something would change real quick. This insanity that is being implemented little by little would all of a sudden come crashing down. Let the truckers quit paying it for say. . . a week. Let's get real. Ya I'm pissed. I just paid 4.09 a gallon for 87 unleaded. How much is too much? This is the test I reckon.

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Ukraine has concerts going on and the First Lady it’s like a party

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast