mercury upper carb issue

hi guys. it's been a while since i've owned a mercury. thought I'd see if anyone here knows the issue im having. Its a 1988 60hp. thats three cylinders. but it has two carbs. the upper cylinder is not firing. I checked, it is getting great spark. but not fuel. I went to check and clean the carb thinking that was it. but this thing has ony two carbs. what the heck? anybody have advice on this?
    mod # 0B273822 Thanks Dale in VA.

here are a couple pics.WIN_20220502_10_17_40_Pro.jpgWIN_20220502_10_16_45_Pro.jpg you can see 3 cylinders and only 2 intakes.

3. Member
    thats right 2 carbs ,3cyls ,whats compression on ALL 3 clys
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

cant find my test kit. ill get it done asap and post. I had an old 70 hp evinrude once that had a float needle stick a few times. started looking in that direction. thanks for the reply.

5. Member
    you can look you wont find , on that mtr #2 wont get fuel if top carb is dry
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

both carbs are getting fuel.
    i have a pressure gauge on the way.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitebass9n View Post
    both carbs are getting fuel.
    i know