Getting the most out of it!!

New to BBC so please excuse any stupid questions I may ask. I just bought my first nitro boat(2013Z9) it has a 250 pro xs on it and I’m loving the boat but not happy with numbers I’m getting out of it. 5400rpms max at 55/56mph seems very slow to me after reading several post that folks are getting high 60’s low 70’s out of there Z9’s. I’m currently running a 25p fury 3 blade but wondering if maybe the motor is to low and needs to be raised plus maybe changing to a 26-27p prop. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

25 Tempest is money on that boat

going up in pitch will not solve your problems, need to get that motor turning at least 5800. Are you getting any Bow lift?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    If it were me I’d make sure I was getting full throttle.

5. Member
    No I’m not at full throttle trimmed a fuzz over half way boat seem to be running flat. The majority of the post I’ve read on set up on here of same size boats and 250 pro xs’s running high 60 to low 70’s the folks are running 26/27 pitch props anywhere from 5800-6000 rpm’s.

Those "other" speeds will all be full trim up. Gauge doesn't tell u alot. If your not at full throttle what are we trying to resolve?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Those "other" speeds will all be full trim up. Gauge doesn't tell u alot. If your not at full throttle what are we trying to resolve?
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

8. Member
    If you didn’t buy that prop new there is no way of knowing what pitch it really is The easiest and cheapest way to determine if you need to change props is to borrow a 23 pitch and see if you can kiss the rev limiter. If you can you’ve got a prop and or height issue going on as that engine should easily spin a 25 pitch. As far as height goes 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 prop centerline below the pad ought to work. If you decide to go high on your setup watch your water pressure closely unless your engine has low water pickups.