Spent some quality time with the ZX today...

Performing some odds and ends. Got the charger remounted, albeit a temporary solution of velcro straps and 200lb zip ties just to get me back on the water to continue the break in...

Added the stabilizer kit to the Fortrex 112 - not sure why it didn't have one, I thought the 112's came with them. Maybe the previous owner removed it.

Added some Gator Skinz to protect where rod tips were rubbing on the inside gunnel on the passenger side

Added some liners for the rear compartments, and started getting them organized with tools, safety gear, etc

Put some shrink wrap on the Pro II spike... only have to brush up against it once to learn that lesson lol.

Did some measuring for some tubs/containers for the starboard rod box. Looks like either 15qt or maybe even 18qt will be the ticket.

Contemplated pulling the rear rod holder out of the starboard box also... I had the dealer remove the tubes from both sides when I bought it, but the rear holder seems well though out. But on the starboard side, it's just taking up space since I doubt I will ever put rods on that side. Still mulling it over.

Man, seems like I did more... oh I assembled my B-300 pommel seat, but haven't decided on what pole height to run it... the typical 24-30 is good for leaning, but too high for straddling I've been reading. But the shorter 15-18 while great for sitting/straddling is to low for leaning apparently lol... Will jut have to try it out this weekend and see what works best.

Fiddled with the latches, apparently have mixed set of latches, and several I have no key for. One of which is in the locked position, so while I can open and close it, the latch sticks up proud of the deck and is triggering my OCD. I think my keys work for 2 out of 5. I guess a set of new latches is in my future soon.

More stuff on tap for tomorrow - bought two ninja blades for the TM, need to install those. Also a Troll Perfect, need to install that.
    Bought a replacement strap for the F2, since the previous owner has the strap "tied" to the hook. Need to swap that out. Start looking at how I am going to organize the forward lockers.

Bought an anchor, 5ft of chain, and 100ft of 1/2 anchor line, but not sure where to put it yet.

Bonehead move of the day, was pulling boat out of garage for the evening, and due to the incline of my driveway dragged the skeg for a few inches. Heard it right away and stopped, but sure annoys me when I do stupid stuff like that.

2. Member
    Sounds like you are really moving along with setting everything up. I used a river type anchor for two years pre ultrex purchase. Stowed it in the rear starboard box with a 1" rubber mat underneath to help absorb bounces. I used a floor mat from Lowes cutting to same size as floor bottom for both boxes.

The area under your starboard rear rod holder is a good place for an aux fuse panel. I ran #6 AWG from the main battery to this aux fuse panel then #12 AWG to each graph. The power wiring harness for that year model is only #14 and I started having voltage level issues going to 12" HB units. If / when I add an Ethernet switch, it too will go in this area. I pulled the Dock blower fan out.

yeah it's fun now, but later it will be like geez I just drove 3 hour home from the tournament I just want to take a nap lol...

Got the Troll Perfect done, put in some tubs to try out, stuffing more gear in the boat lol... Tidied up the bare spot on the fender, just odds and ends. Still need to replace the F2 strap, waiting on it to cool off some ;). Still have not figured out what to do for dry/small storage that I an used to under the center seat. I guess it's going to be the glove box on the passenger side.

I also went with the river anchor, 20lb and expect to store it in rear passenger locker to offset some of this old fat boy weight (Although I've lost about 30 lbs since Feb.). I like the floor mat idea, I was thinking one of those anchor tote bags to keep it all organized, or maybe even a 3gal paint bucket - the 5gal I think would be too large/take up too much room.

And I haven't even scratched the surface on tackle.. well I did some earlier this week. I had planned on using my Bass Mafia boxes but ran a few under the tap and every one leaked . So I picked up a few Edge boxes to try. Will throw a few in as well as a few rods for tomorrow, but the main focus is still engine break-in... just need a break from break-in every once in a while so will wet a line, or fiddle with electronics. I swear I watched about a 1/2 dozen Active Target vids and I think I'm more confused than when I started. I guess I just need to put some screen time on it.

Have decided to leave the rear rod organizer in the starboard locker for now, it's actually under the day box so I don't really notice it taking up room like I though I would.

Few more odds and ends today - Replaced some TH Marine gear with Bobs' Machine TM Handle and Prop nut - thanks to Trolling Motor Service of Jax getting that damn stuck Eliminator nut off. Did some more organizing, ordered a new swingaway pin, installed a new strap into the Fulton... Been looking at 2nd PowerPole or just replacing the Pro II with two new ones - haven't decided yet. Wasn't able to get on the water this previous weekend so am itching to get out this upcoming :).

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kboater View Post
    Sounds like you are really moving along with setting everything up. I used a river type anchor for two years pre ultrex purchase. Stowed it in the rear starboard box with a 1" rubber mat underneath to help absorb bounces. I used a floor mat from Lowes cutting to same size as floor bottom for both boxes.

The area under your starboard rear rod holder is a good place for an aux fuse panel. I ran #6 AWG from the main battery to this aux fuse panel then #12 AWG to each graph. The power wiring harness for that year model is only #14 and I started having voltage level issues going to 12" HB units. If / when I add an Ethernet switch, it too will go in this area. I pulled the Dock blower fan out.
    Here's what I came up with for the anchor storage - 20lb river anchor, 5ft of chain and 100ft of 1/2" 3-strand, all contained in an Anchor Caddie Boat n Tote. The Bag is that heavy vinyl mesh, aprox 13x13", and makes a nice tidy package. Will put this in the starboard rear storage box to help offset some of the (ahem) driver weight :).

I put a 1/2" piece of foam (camping pad style foam) in the bottom of the bag under the anchor for now, but I like the idea of putting the rubber pad in the boxes, so will look into that also. I checked Lowes, just your common generic rubber mat? I saw they have some that has an open/mesh like pattern as well which might be nice if some water gets into the compartments...

Bag was $46 which sounds high but it's made in USA, and nicer while being less expensive than West Marine's in house brand made in china version, which was $55

https://www.anchor-caddie.com/produc...ag-boat-n-tote - Can be bought from Amazon also.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kboater View Post

@4kboater, I got curious and removed the shelf - as you mentioned, the dock blower fan is there, so unless I take it out also, not much to be gained from pulling the rear shelf. What was your reason for removing it?

I like the idea of an aux panel though. As I start upgrading electronics I am noticing the wiring could use some upgrading/cleaning up. Going to do some re-wiring, can't decide if I should just get the Sea Clear Power harness, or build my own. TBH, the Sea Clear, while spendy, is not that expensive really when you compare buying similar components. They are making some money, of course, but it's not like they slapped a $400 price on $150 worth of wiring...

Anyway, found a pair of women's sunglasses and a few soft baits under the shelf, not sure how they got back there (especially the sunglasses, which were rather large...). It was getting dark, I left it out - going to vacuum up the area while I've got it pulled out at least...