Thread: Apple Earnings

Apple Earnings

Very tempted to sell a covered call into earnings but they always seem to surprise. I think the results will be good but I think if they start talking about facing headwinds due to supply chain constraints then it may fall. It seems like most of the investors are focused more on the commentary than the past results. Its like picking a fantasy player on an opposing team. You want the fantasy points but you want your team to win the game

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I don't see how they could offer any concrete guidance with the lockdowns happening in China. Supply chain has to be a mess. How much is the apple customer being affected by inflation? But then again, it is Apple. So who knows.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I don't see how they could offer any concrete guidance with the lockdowns happening in China. Supply chain has to be a mess. How much is the apple customer being affected by inflation? But then again, it is Apple. So who knows.
    The Apple customer is what is interesting. I think I read that they are typically tend to be in the higher income and wealth brackets so I don't know if they are being as impacted by inflation. People priorities are also interesting. They will drive down the street to save a few cents on gas or buy generic toothpaste but they will always upgrade their iPhones. That is what makes selling a covered call difficult on this stock. I would think earnings would be lower but they always seem to buck the trend. I may see how far it runs up into earnings today and then sell a call way out of the. money.