Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    I don't have the Flow rite but sounds like the bag would have plugged the drain , no matter what style you had in the boat ? jmho
    It was a small piece. A small piece of leaf could’ve done the same thing.
    My issue is there’s no way to clean out the fitting without removing it.

I had an issue with mine not wanting to seat completely. I lubed with a couple of different things, but after a short time, problem returned. Then I saw a post on here recommending Dow 111 so I got some, cleaned all the old stuff off, and voila ... problem solved! Thanks BBC!

3. Member
    Seems like there is a consensus here on the BBC on the Flow rite lol. There are a decent amount of bad reviews on Tackle Warehouse that always keep me from pulling the trigger on one.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

4. Member
    I have one on my new Triton, I ain't sure one way or the other. I feel like it could be letting some water in, but it could also be many other things.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

5. Member
    Mine's been a godsend to my wore-out knees.

6. Banned
    i just dont trust em. it's not that much trouble to put the plug in and out

My current boat came with one. It's worked great for past year. Every other month or so I wipe off old Vaseline and apply a light coat of fresh.

Still using the screw in type with a replaceable plug and gasket. I prefer to make sure I’ve got it seated. Beside, my wife is still able to reach under and screw the plug in. And can get back up on her own most the time. For every problem, there’s a solution.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Pretty obvious it works.....standard on an awful lot of fine boats nowadays and optional on pretty much all of em.

Mines been great, BUT, it broke and I had to modify/fix it with JB Weld putty. ZERO issues since....
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Mine's been a godsend to my wore-out knees.
    I feel your pain......everyday. And lets not forget when you knee down on a small rock.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Pretty obvious it works.....standard on an awful lot of fine boats nowadays and optional on pretty much all of em.

Mines been great, BUT, it broke and I had to modify/fix it with JB Weld putty. ZERO issues since....
    That’s the thing that drives me crazy about them though, you shouldn’t have to regularly fix something like that. Between the lubing and repairs, I would be time ahead just using a regular drain plug.
    Last edited by Mcjenson; 04-29-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

12. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Ive had mine for years now and never had an issue.
    + 3

13. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    Unless you're already on the water when you realize you Didn't put it in. . .

14. Member
    I still have the old screw in drain plug. I am young and it is still a pain in the ass.

I am sure at some point I will change to a Flow Rite. I have one on my livewell drain now. I am simply not a fan of their on off switch. It just seems to me that it does not allow you to apply enough pressure to really get a good seal. It is a cable, give me something that I can pull tight!

I every once in awhile get water in my livewell and I can only think that the plug just didn't seat well enough.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    That’s the thing that drives me crazy about them though, you shouldn’t have to regularly fix something like that. Between the living and repairs, I would be time ahead just using a regular drain plug.
    Hehehe...... well, obviously I was none too pleased when mine broke..... IMOP it's a definite design flaw that should be fixed. However, again, once I fixed mine I've been very happy with it.

My knees, back and head love mine. No issues.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

17. Member
    Best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    When you get in your 70s, 2 power poles, Hydraulic JP and kneel down on a bed of crush & run with shorts on, come back and tell us it's not that much trouble to crawl under the boat. I've had mine for years. lube it probably twice a year and no trouble with it. Mine is on my Ranger, which now I believe is standard equipment on the new boats. Zell Rowland mad a video on you tube that shows how to actually use the flow rite. Most guys don't install it properly or don't close it properly. If that video is still available, watch it, you just might learn something.

To each his own…I’ve had a flow rite plug in two boats for years now. I will admit the current one needs lube and I have to push it in manually, but that’s on me.

20. Member
    Put one on my boat two years ago. ZERO issues and will never have a boat without one again.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast