Question 2009 optimax ignition coils

Bought a new to me boat a couple weeks ago. Has a 2009 Optimax 150hp serial #1B751501
    I had my mechanic look it over before buying, all was good, but he told me about the recall on the ignition coils. So I’m waiting to get them replaced before running it. The part # for the coils is 8m0077473. They are on back order from Mercury and the date keeps getting pushed back. Started as may 3rd now they’re saying may 25th. I would really prefer to get oem on these, but having a hell of a time finding them anywhere and who freaking knows when mercury will have them. Anybody know where 6 might be available? I know we can get 6 coils from Sierra here tomorrow but I’m kinda scared to go aftermarket on a part like this, would you guys agree?
    Thanks

2. Member
    agree ^^^^
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    OEM only.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor