9 mile launch fee question

Launch fees are listed as resident 10 bucks non resident 15. Are residents city residents or michigan residents?

Michigan

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Michigan

4. Member
    How’s that launch? I haven’t used it but would like to. Is the water high? Is it easy to launch by yourself?

Biggest complaint I've heard is you have to park a long way from the actual ramp.

6. Member
    The walk back is like 4 minutes, not short but not horrible. My dislike with that launch is it is a shallow launch so you have to back up kinda far and there is only one dock. So if you are by yourself and have the dock on your driver side so you can step out of the vehicle onto the dock then it wouldn't be so bad, otherwise you'll be stepping out into the water. On a busy morning you get a long line and some people get cranky. If you have someone that can launch and park or drive the boat you can launch to the side without the dock, just be warned that on a busy morning someone in line might get upset that you did that, I've seen it a few times. Personally I don't see a problem with it, you aren't affecting anyone in line negatively, if anything you are helping to move things along faster.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    How’s that launch? I haven’t used it but would like to. Is the water high? Is it easy to launch by yourself?
    The launch area is very “flat.” When I’ve launched there, it’s usually been necessary to back in until the vehicle exhaust is nearly under water. As noted above, it’s also a very long walk from the launch to the parking lot and back. With one dock between the launch ramps [to tie up to], it can get a little tricky if launching by yourself. Tie-up area can be difficult to access when it’s busy, and it takes 10-15 minutes to park your vehicle and get back to the boat unless you sprint.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Not much room going very far backwards , before you need turn. If you one those that spotlock and leave out in water

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Michigan
    Was just there and I am from Alpena Michigan. The launch fee reduction is only for local residents. I had to pay the full ride of 15 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    Was just there and I am from Alpena Michigan. The launch fee reduction is only for local residents. I had to pay the full ride of 15 bucks.
    I was there Sunday and only cost $10
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I was there Sunday and only cost $10
    I was there 2 Sundays ago and there was a young kid that only charged me 10 also but it was too windy so he refunded the fee. Later that day I came back when the wind laid down and was charged 15 by a different attendant and paid 15 the next 3 days.

12. Member
    It's supposed to be $10 for St. Clair Shores, East Pointe and Roseville residents. $15 for all others. Just depends who is attending the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    It's supposed to be $10 for St. Clair Shores, East Pointe and Roseville residents. $15 for all others. Just depends who is attending the booth.
    The guys in the booth have always told me it was $10 for Michigan residents and $15 for out of staters - except Ohio, they pay -$20.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    The guys in the booth have always told me it was $10 for Michigan residents and $15 for out of staters - except Ohio, they pay -$20.
    "The handicapped angler"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    That's funny Dan!