Reels (baitcasters) under 6 ounces?

So I picked up a couple Megabass Rods (super light) and bought a couple Shimano Aldebarans to top them off (4.8 ounces). Now, I'm in luv with these super-light combo's that weigh less 8 ounces per rod/reel set up. (I have a bad wrist). Now I need to find more reels that fit this concept and I prefer around than 5 ounce mark or close to it. So other than those expensive Aldebarans...what other reels fit into this category? (I have some Shimano Curado 70's...but want lighter). I'm okay with used reels so any make/model recommendations would be appreciated! Already caught a 6'2" bass on the F0 Destroyer with 8lb line....fun stuff man!!! Thanks, Scott

2. Member
    An Abu Garcia Revo MGXTREME 2 is a really sweet reel and only weighs 4.5 ounces. Comes in at about $500 though, so definitely not cheap. I found it to be a great caster and very comfortable ergonomics. I do prefer the flat contoured knobs that you find on most Shimano and Daiwa reels, but the circular cork knobs that the MGXTREME 2 has were actually quite comfortable and I didn't have any issues with them. It doesn't have a ton of stopping power regarding max drag pressure, but I didn't use it for frogging or flipping so it never was an issue for me.

3. Member
    Lews Custom Lite (4.9 oz at $299)

13 Fishing Concept C2.

Revo MGX (5.0 oz currently on sale $199)
    -Matt

4. Member
    Here's a true "Unobtanium" reel that is under 6oz in weight and is easily the most beautiful Daiwa reel I own! The incomparable Daiwa Steez EX100XS with the special 7.9 gear train.

2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

5. Member
    Steez TW SV, Steez CT, Megabass IS, old Steez, SS SV105, Alphas TW, Obama Hakai. The Tatula 70 SV and Curado 150 MGL can be taken down to close to 6 oz with a carbon handle and lighter knobs.

6. Member
    An IS79 Megabass Steez and Steez Limited TN both with aftermarket spools are for sale on the TT forums for $300 each. Both are rightys. Amazing deal.

7. Member
    Okuma hakai is under 6.

Looks like an outstanding reel. Wish they went with paddle style knobs but thats just preference.

I think there are a lot of BFS options that are super lightweight. Just as an example, I've got a Daiwa SS Air that weighs at 5.3 oz on my scale fully spooled up with line (which admittedly isn't a ton due to its shallow spool), and those are "older tech" having been released in 2014. Several of them used on eBay in good condition under $250 right now. The more readily available 2020 Alphas Air is listed at 5.7 oz and can be had for significantly less than $300 all day. Japan Tackle has them for $285 brand new right now, and I see a couple brand new on eBay for $270.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

9. Member
    Shimano core 50mg7.