Break in Oil , RPM , Trim ???

<3B093547>

Ive got a new 2022 Mercury 250 pro xs and I was reading in my owners manual last night and couldnt find anything about break in oil . All I found was a maint schedule of every 100 hrs or every year , which ever comes first .
    Also , I hear everyone on here say that the new Mercs max RPM is 6200 ? Well , I also saw in the manual that 6000 was max on my engine , am I reading something wrong ? And last question , is there a way to adjust any type of trim stop with my merc monitor gauge so I dont tear up my hydraulic steering ? this thing trims up WAY higher than I need and Im scared my steering is gonna get tore up on the jack plate .

Thanks for the help !!!!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 04-26-2022 at 04:37 PM.
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please be sure to provide your engine's serial number when posting. Since you have the owner's manual, I'm assuming you have the engine now.

The following post (from the FAQ Section) should help:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....9#post10598159

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you would, please be sure to provide your engine's serial number when posting. Since you have the owner's manual, I'm assuming you have the engine now.

The following post (from the FAQ Section) should help:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....9#post10598159
    3B093547
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That link should cover what you need.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    When I upgrade to hydraulic steering years ago I had to trim the corners on my Bobs jack plate just a bit to have clearance.

6. Member
    No such thing as break in oil.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    No such thing as break in oil.
    Maybe. Ot , but there is such a thing as metal shavings in your oil from initial break in .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

8. Member
    Changing the oil, and giving the engine a good look over, after the first 20 hours is on my list of things to do after my new 250 ProXS gets to that point.

9. Member
    I am glad I did a 20 hour change in mine. The motor drained a significant amount of dark tarry like sludge. It was nothing like the oil I replaced it with.