CX18SS electronics install

Looking at a CX18SS to purchase.

How hard is it to do the bow and console install of electronics in this boat?

How hard is it to do the trolling motor?

I like doing my own installs but have only done so on aluminum boats that were pretty open. Drilling into the fiberglass is also a concern, something I've never done before.

2. Member
    The 18 is the easiest to install. And rule of thumb is usually reverse your drill bit to start your holes in glass. Then drill in forward once through the gel.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Looking at a CX18SS to purchase.

How hard is it to do the bow and console install of electronics in this boat?

How hard is it to do the trolling motor?

I like doing my own installs but have only done so on aluminum boats that were pretty open. Drilling into the fiberglass is also a concern, something I've never done before.
    Big thing drilling holes in glass is to counter sink your holes are the glass will crack around the hole. As said above you can reverse your bit to help from breaking the glass around the hole also. Trolling motor is no problem to install just try to make your bracket as level as possible while bolting it down to keep it from sticking when you pull your rope to raise. I would suggest to use a BBT mounts so you can change the angle of your units when sun is at your back. Just take your time and you will be fine.