Question remote drain plug placement

Going to install the flow rite remote drain plug and hate to have to cut a hole in the boat. Have other Champ owners done this and where did you place it? Please post pics of options. TIA
    Bruce Theriot
    2003 Champion 196 Elite
    200 Mercury Opti max
    25 Tempest A45

2. Member
    You will have to cut a hole, I put mine next to my livewell ones on the side of the boat next to my seat, Just fit there since already had the others there. My tourney partner has a new Vexus and they have it mounted on the splash well which is nice as it is easy to get to while you get the boat ready pre-t and post-t.

3. Member
    I added one to my brothers 1999 Champion 191. We put it in the splash well area same as most ne boats. It has the recessed splash well area I put it straight forward from the engine tilt control on the motor so its easy to remember to do when you are putting on or removing motor totter. Easy install and well worth it. Bonus is you can use it like a scupper valve if bilge pumps quit and you still have propulsion (can even do it by yourself if you mount control at the helm).
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

I also mounted mine next to the control for the livewell at the helm. Has come in very handy in that location.

5. Member
    I saw on a champion facebook page not too long ago somone used a pvc water proof enclosure to mount the control. They mounted the enclosure inside their battery box hatch. I thought this was a pretty good idea, the controls stay out of the elements and you dont have to cut a giant hole in your hull.
    2006 Ranger Z-20
    2006 Mercury Optimax ProXS 225

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Mine is under the lid for the battery compartment next to the battery switch for my outboard and Power Poles.