Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Sorry for the rant I asked a simple question and you responded as if I'm spoiled with so many championships being held over here or expecting every championship to be over here

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a longtime, organizations are happy to impose high membership fees and low payouts saying it's all for the classic but since I don't go to the classic it's just a "privilege to fish fee" to me

See for me staying in a hotel is a pain in the a$$ you get to pick from the 50+ rooms they have I don't get that choice because they usually have one handicapped room and it always has one bed and it's never near the parking lot and to get an extra bed A.K.A. "lumpy cot" cost extra and since it's not my partners fault we are stuck in this room I usually take the cot

I just think it would be fair to hold one over here once and a while
    especially if you're going to hold an entire series over here

thus my question
    you are wrong NBAA held a fall championship over there and gave a boat away. I fished it. Cant run the spring championship there because season is closed. It went out of state because it was April. Fact check yourself. Nick neves won I think on st clair

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbag View Post
    you are wrong NBAA held a fall championship over there and gave a boat away. I fished it. Cant run the spring championship there because season is closed. It went out of state because it was April. Fact check yourself. Nick neves won I think on st clair
    Must have been before my time and close to 20 years ago

So your right “Not everything can be on the east side” you found "2" that have been here in 20+ years

that seems fair
    Last edited by MichAngler; 05-04-2022 at 07:35 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Must have been before my time and close to 20 years ago

So your right “Not everything can be on the east side” you found "2" that have been here in 20+ years

that seems fair
    no it was in 2013, not 20 years ago. Also people don’t like classics over there because of the big water and small boats in local tournaments. I dont agree with it but that’s the argument

4. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbag View Post
    NBAA did a championship over there
    anglers choice also had a regional over there a few years ago
    NBAA also did the Detroit River open over there that gave a boat away a few tears in a row
    I also think(not 100%) that Lake Drive brought a championship over there once
    NBAA had a great program back in the day. I remember fishing the Detroit Open when we launched at St Jeans and went down to the DNR marina on the river for the start. Then had the weigh in at Riverdays.

Did a championship at Hubbard and the Saginaw river. After it was sold it went away. I think there is a local division now but the championship is in Missouri.

5. Member
    I remember that "championship" on Hubbard. Was totally screwed up from the start. From finding out at the meeting " dinner" that the grand prize was a thousand dollars total ( they year before on mullett/burt was a boat), to the piss poor decision to move the launch ramp from the east side to the south side at the ramp that morning instead of paying attention to the wind and changing it the previous night , to putting us out in a storm where my line hung in the air multiple casts, to the director saying it was his last event ever with NBAA, it was a total crap show from the start. Then finding out they took 30% off the top of every entry fee. That was the last straw for me with the NBAA. Glad WMB got bigger as it seems to be the best circuit out there with the best coverage in the state.

6. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Polock View Post
    I remember that "championship" on Hubbard. Was totally screwed up from the start. From finding out at the meeting " dinner" that the grand prize was a thousand dollars total ( they year before on mullett/burt was a boat), to the piss poor decision to move the launch ramp from the east side to the south side at the ramp that morning instead of paying attention to the wind and changing it the previous night , to putting us out in a storm where my line hung in the air multiple casts, to the director saying it was his last event ever with NBAA, it was a total crap show from the start. Then finding out they took 30% off the top of every entry fee. That was the last straw for me with the NBAA. Glad WMB got bigger as it seems to be the best circuit out there with the best coverage in the state.
    Best part about that deal was you tipping me off about that Motel. When I called to cancel that lady was Pissed. I bet she has your picture on the wall.

I fished the one on one championship on Sunday. Everyone had went home because of the bad weather. I think there were 7 boats. I got second but they only paid 1 place. The guy got a power pole but no money.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Polock View Post

yeah nbaa was great until it got sold to that guy in Oklahoma. Was better when it was based in Michigan

8. Member
    Yeah that motel was just garbage. I looked it up and I think someone bought it and it looks remodeled now, but it could just be good pictures.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123