Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No unpayed boats
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

2. Member
    Anglers on st clair complain too much. More drama on that lake than anywhere else. Whole reason there is no consistent big team series over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbag View Post
    Anglers on st clair complain too much. More drama on that lake than anywhere else. Whole reason there is no consistent big team series over there.
    Weekly/bi weekly $300-$400 entry fee events would be nice

LOL Mini just rubbed you the wrong way didn’t he?

Please understand he doesn’t fish tournament much anymore so your safe

My only complaint is organizations are happy to run an event or series here but never offer a classic here they expect us to come fish a classic in their back yard

Just once I would like to see a classic or regional held on St Clair
    "The handicapped angler"

5. dartag1829
    Glad I am an inland lake guy. Paying 250.00 to win 160.00 for 4th in a 20 boat event would not be fun.

Figure after expenses you will have over 300-350 invested.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    LOL Mini just rubbed you the wrong way didn’t he?

Please understand he doesn’t fish tournament much anymore so your safe

My only complaint is organizations are happy to run an event or series here but never offer a classic here they expect us to come fish a classic in their back yard

Just once I would like to see a classic or regional held on St Clair
    when Lakestclair.net was a thing it was miserable. People would accuse people of cheating with no proof. There was a group of guys that ruined it for a lot of people. Can’t believe there isn’t a series over there besides BFLs drawing 100 bots consistent. D&R gets 75-80 and HOTD gets 100 on the west side. Just confusing

Boats used to be lined up down south river road. Not anymore. Who got accused of cheating

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Boats used to be lined up down south river road. Not anymore. Who got accused of cheating
    Not going to say because I don’t think they did. Not fair to drag someone’s name through the mud that’s innocent

9. dartag1829
    LSC used to be entertaining to read on Monday mornings. Some great Firecracker and other spot battles.

Agree best not to name names.

Anyone that wins a lot gets accused of cheating

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    LSC used to be entertaining to read on Monday mornings. Some great Firecracker and other spot battles.

Agree best not to name names.
    OMG I drove by the firecracker that day and was laughing so hard I almost wet myself
    "The handicapped angler"

Do the D&R events we had 96boats last year and tons of contingency money. We had a very positive response and hoping to fill the series this year.
    full disclosure, i'm slightly biased because we run them and no disrespect to any of the other circuits. i hope they all fill up.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    Do the D&R events we had 96boats last year and tons of contingency money. We had a very positive response and hoping to fill the series this year.
    full disclosure, i'm slightly biased because we run them and no disrespect to any of the other circuits. i hope they all fill up.
    How many boats are signed up now?

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    Will the east side Championship be on the east side?
    "The handicapped angler"

15. Member
    Will the east side Championship be on the east side?
    Not everything can be on the East side �� I don’t see you coming to the west side or up north!!

Not everything can be on the East side �� I don’t see you coming to the west side or up north!!
    Fact Check

Show me one championship, regional or classic that has been on the east side?

I hear Cash For Bass is going to do one over here this year and it will be the first I've ever seen

And every championship I have fished has been on the west side or other states
    Last edited by MichAngler; 05-04-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

17. Member
    Fact Check

Show me one championship, regional or classic that has been on the east side?

I hear Cash For Bass is going to do one over here this year and it will be the first I've ever seen

And every championship I have fished has been on the west side or other states
    NBAA did a championship over there
    anglers choice also had a regional over there a few years ago
    NBAA also did the Detroit River open over there that gave a boat away a few tears in a row
    I also think(not 100%) that Lake Drive brought a championship over there once

I worked for NBAA and their Championships were always out of state KY, OH or IN
    Sure they had a couple of opens over here but that’s not a classic or championship

Anglers Choice is not one of the more popular series over here and I’ve never fished one so I can't say if they did or not but even if so that 1 out of how many that have been held on the west side or up north?
    If Lake Drive held one over here that’s news to me and did they have a events over here to qualify for it?

You can go back as far as Tri State and see they avoid holding championships over here

I have qualified for the CFB championship the last 4 years but have not fished one because they have been over there
    I’m getting old and done dealing with hotels I just want one organization that comes over here to draw a bunch of boats and money to pay it back Just Once
    Last edited by MichAngler; 05-04-2022 at 09:34 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

Sorry for the rant I asked a simple question and you responded as if I'm spoiled with so many championships being held over here or expecting every championship to be over here

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a longtime, organizations are happy to impose high membership fees and low payouts saying it's all for the classic but since I don't go to the classic it's just a "privilege to fish fee" to me

See for me staying in a hotel is a pain in the a$$ you get to pick from the 50+ rooms they have I don't get that choice because they usually have one handicapped room and it always has one bed and it's never near the parking lot and to get an extra bed A.K.A. "lumpy cot" cost extra and since it's not my partners fault we are stuck in this room I usually take the cot

I just think it would be fair to hold one over here once and a while
    especially if you're going to hold an entire series over here

thus my question
    "The handicapped angler"

not sure on boat count atm, but it is a combined championship. our preseason registrations are fairly light since we opened it up to day-of registration. Given that, preseason gets picked for boat numbers first, so good opportunity to get towards the front of the line.
    Randy and Cy do all planning and will announce the classic after the season starts. I can't say for certain, but it will probably be a north rather than an "east" or "west" side location that is in a regular tournament rotation.

also - i understand your predicament with travel, i'm sure it complicates lots of things and that is a shame accessibility isn't better. We had a very good friend in a wheel chair who passed several years ago that always fished with us and it was always sobering to see what he had to overcome just to get in the boat, or get around a weighin. We enjoy having lots of divisions to fund our WMB classic so we can keep the classic fund deductions quite low. D&R being a stand-alone series is limited to being funded by the teams in it, that is why it has an entry fee for the classic, so the actual payout per entry is around 95%. There is also roughly 8,000$ in contingency money paid out throughout the season on top of product/prizes/giftcards.
    Last edited by thedude; 05-04-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast