Thread: brake question

brake question

2022 marine master trailer surge brakes are not releasing fully. What is the fix? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jr5bass View Post
    2022 marine master trailer surge brakes are not releasing fully. What is the fix? Thanks in advance.
    Not releasing fully when parked or driving? I've been told that the pads will slightly touch, even when the brakes are fully disengaged.

3. Member
    Both and building moderate heat in tow. Heat on seals is the concern. They are touchable but much hotter that other axle.

4. Member
    If their touchable then they aren't hot.

5. Jerm21
    Check the brake release under the trailer hitch, at the front.

6. Member
    The hub and lugs will be hotter than the axle without. Pads are always in contact with rotors. You should be able to touch them for a few seconds without burning yourself.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr5bass View Post
    Both and building moderate heat in tow. Heat on seals is the concern. They are touchable but much hotter that other axle.
    I just pulled mine over 1000 miles, stopped only for fuel and to eat. I could have slept on either hub, neither was hot, only the brake axle was slightly warmer.
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

8. Scraps
    Check fluid level. Is it each caliper or not? These trailers have a known issue with seized calipers. I know my last trip out I'm not getting brakes applying at each wheel and I'm wondering if it's the slides holding the caliper out. I am planning to take the slides out and take a look. That may be something you could try but much easier with boat off the trailer.

My axle doesn't get warm either.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    In my opinion, these marine master trailers are garbage. I had issues with the oil bath hubs. Finally went back to bearing buddy grease hubs.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skincheese View Post
    In my opinion, these marine master trailers are garbage. I had issues with the oil bath hubs. Finally went back to bearing buddy grease hubs.
    Hubs, axles, breaks all made by UFP, pretty much the same supplier for most trailer manufacturers.

11. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Hubs, axles, breaks all made by UFP, pretty much the same supplier for most trailer manufacturers.
    True - no other option for parts. Some have gone back to Bearing-Buddies to eliminate problems with Vault.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD