Thread: Gas mileage!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    That may be true on your vehicle but it's not always the case, as they get older sensors, fuel injectors, and fuel pumps start to wear out, and filters start to get plugged up all of which makes the digital readout less and less accurate.
    I feel like all of it is irrelevant. If there was a 10 mpg difference with one of our vehicles, I think we would all pay attention. Otherwise, the differences are still negligible. Not enough to move anyone to purchase another vehicle. I think the game changer is going to be an electric truck or in my case an SUV. ( I prefer large SUV's ). We will see, there is a lot coming down the road. Hopefully some will have 400+ mileage range.
    1B737378 / 2009 - 250 PRO XS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomloans View Post
    I feel like all of it is irrelevant. If there was a 10 mpg difference with one of our vehicles, I think we would all pay attention. Otherwise, the differences are still negligible. Not enough to move anyone to purchase another vehicle. I think the game changer is going to be an electric truck or in my case an SUV. ( I prefer large SUV's ). We will see, there is a lot coming down the road. Hopefully some will have 400+ mileage range.
    ASSUMING a similar decline in range as when towing with a gas or diesel, that 400 mile range becomes 200 to 275 miles. I would hope the aftermarket would develop battery packs that could be placed in the bed of a pickup and / or solar panels embedded in a bed cover to increase the range. As for me, I tow a 29 foot camper from Va to Texas and from Va to Maine. I just don't see an electric vehicle in my future until the towing range is 500 miles and a recharge can be accomplished in 15 minutes.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomloans View Post
    No thanks, I have well over a 400 mile range now and that can be refilled in 10 minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12