Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lithium Trolling Motor Battery Below 1 Volt

Must have had something on and a I lost all charge on my middle battery. Have POWER pole Charge and it’s not recognizing the battery and giving me a warning that I need to check fuses and wire connections. All checked out fine and put multi meter on all three batteries. Middle one below 1 volt. So I have an off brand jump pack. Is that something I can use to wake it simply by just hooking it up for a few minutes? I do t think this one has a mode of recognizing below 1Volt. If so what is the process with the power pole charge. Plug in to AC power while the jump pack is on ?

Next question, would buying a Noco Genius or Noco Boost make sense. Seems the genius I can get 10w charging out of it. Boost appears to be more for jump starting. Both have a manual override to allow it to see less than 2 Volts. (If I’m reading that correctly)

i also have an old school car charger in the garage. Should I just hook that up and charge completely? Or let it get up to where power pole charge recognizes it and let it take it from there.

2. Member
    Watching, similar issue.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    put your jump pack on it for 10 to 15 seconds and wake it up once awoken the powerpole charge will recognize and start charging it. do not hook up your old school charger and try to charge it you may damage the cells with a non lithium charger

Thank you, I thought I somewhere that I could do this. I am still thinking about one of the two NOCO products simply bc they have a manual bypass to work with the batteries that are below 1 Volt. The one I have is from Amazon and is a Yabber Brand.

so just to be clear. Have the Power Pole Charge plugged in to AC prior to putting the jump pack on the battery ?

Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    put your jump pack on it for 10 to 15 seconds and wake it up once awoken the powerpole charge will recognize and start charging it. do not hook up your old school charger and try to charge it you may damage the cells with a non lithium charger
    So are you saying ‘Old School Charger’ you couldn’t use a charger set to AGM? Just asking for clarification. Thanks..
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisansilver View Post
    So are you saying ‘Old School Charger’ you couldn’t use a charger set to AGM? Just asking for clarification. Thanks..
    the agm profiles on chargers are different the MINN kota precision charger is the only " agm profile" i have seen work with all major brands of lithium. OP said "old school car charger" so very doubtful it has a agm setting an even if it did it most likely has the incorrect charging profile.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cull25 View Post
    Thank you, I thought I somewhere that I could do this. I am still thinking about one of the two NOCO products simply bc they have a manual bypass to work with the batteries that are below 1 Volt. The one I have is from Amazon and is a Yabber Brand.

so just to be clear. Have the Power Pole Charge plugged in to AC prior to putting the jump pack on the battery ?
    DO NOT HAVE IT PLUGGED IN NO unhook it from the charger and from series with your other batteries hit it with the jump pack 10 to 15 seconds then re hook it all back up in series and leads from the charge and plug it in,. most lithiums show no voltage when go to sleep im not sure what the deals is with these cheap amazon specials odd has 1 volt if asleep

the agm profiles on chargers are different the MINN kota precision charger is the only " agm profile" i have seen work with all major brands of lithium. OP said "old school car charger" so very doubtful it has a agm setting an even if it did it most likely has the incorrect charging profile.
    Thank you, They are Lithium Pros btw. Im certain its because I had my power on for my Ghost for a couple weeks... And Im hearing this middle battery on a Power Pole Charge system is often an issue.

9. Member
    DO NOT HAVE IT PLUGGED IN NO unhook it from the charger and from series with your other batteries hit it with the jump pack 10 to 15 seconds then re hook it all back up in series and leads from the charge and plug it in,. most lithiums show no voltage when go to sleep im not sure what the deals is with these cheap amazon specials odd has 1 volt if asleep
    Thanks, as that may explain a situation I have seen a couple of times in the past, voltages under 3. My new Minnkota claims to be able to wake up a Lithium.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidAnderson View Post
    Thanks, as that may explain a situation I have seen a couple of times in the past, voltages under 3. My new Minnkota claims to be able to wake up a Lithium.
    alot of the new lithium chargers are building in this feature very handy.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Thank you, They are Lithium Pros btw. Im certain its because I had my power on for my Ghost for a couple weeks... And Im hearing this middle battery on a Power Pole Charge system is often an issue.
    sorry thought you were saying lithiums were from amazon i misread

12. Member
    Put my first Lithium in as the starting battery (Tracker Bass Pro brand which is ReLion rebranded) and going to wait until the other 3 trolling motor batteries go belly up to replace the rest. Bought a NOCO to replace the MK 460PC I have. The BMS is the heart of the battery which protects it. I have read the MK 460PC will charge Lithiums but after spending a small fortune for lithium I wanted a 'true' lithium charger for peace of mind. Have not installed the NOCO yet but going to northern Wisconsin in a month so will probably have it in then. I did put a full charge on the new battery with a Battery Tender 2 amp so it should be all ready to go. I was looking for a Power Pole charge until I read some of the bugs people are experiencing. For the 1300 bucks...........I went with the NOCO at 430 bucks and may be selling my MK 460PC real soon.

13. Member
    Have this same issue with a 2 year old Ionic except 1.8 volts. Boost will not wake it up.
    Also my cranking will.only charge to 11.8 and will not hold it.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NHRG View Post
    Have this same issue with a 2 year old Ionic except 1.8 volts. Boost will not wake it up.
    Also my cranking will.only charge to 11.8 and will not hold it.
    contact lithium hub its under warranty if your the original owner

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Put my first Lithium in as the starting battery (Tracker Bass Pro brand which is ReLion rebranded) and going to wait until the other 3 trolling motor batteries go belly up to replace the rest. Bought a NOCO to replace the MK 460PC I have. The BMS is the heart of the battery which protects it. I have read the MK 460PC will charge Lithiums but after spending a small fortune for lithium I wanted a 'true' lithium charger for peace of mind. Have not installed the NOCO yet but going to northern Wisconsin in a month so will probably have it in then. I did put a full charge on the new battery with a Battery Tender 2 amp so it should be all ready to go. I was looking for a Power Pole charge until I read some of the bugs people are experiencing. For the 1300 bucks...........I went with the NOCO at 430 bucks and may be selling my MK 460PC real soon.
    pp charge is 1999.99 now

16. Member
    contact lithium hub its under warranty if your the original owner
    Yeah I know, just not sure how hard it will be or how long it will take to resolve.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHRG View Post
    Yeah I know, just not sure how hard it will be or how long it will take to resolve.
    If you bought through drewcraft reach out to Andy. He'll do you right im sure.

Hey bud. Wanted to update you. I hooked up the jump pack and it woke the battery enough for the power pole charge. However. I am getting an “info” error stating that the trolling motor batteries are out of balance and keep it plugged into AC power. Voltage in app across the three read over 11V. And seem pretty balanced to me. But will see how they look in the am. After a few hours they were still in the same “info” error of being unbalance but up over 13V.

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Hey bud. Wanted to update you. I hooked up the jump pack and it woke the battery enough for the power pole charge. However. I am getting an “info” error stating that the trolling motor batteries are out of balance and keep it plugged into AC power. Voltage in app across the three read over 11V. And seem pretty balanced to me. But will see how they look in the am. After a few hours they were still in the same “info” error of being unbalance but up over 13V.
    are you running the latest firmware on your charge.

are you running the latest firmware on your charge.
    from what I can tell yes. 2.05

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast