F195 setup with 200 Pro XS

Just wondering how high people have their jackplates on their 195.

If I raise the plate up from a lower position it rooster tails as I trim up. But if I keep it low I struggle to get it past 5500 rpms. I know there is a sweet spot out there, still trying to find it.

2. Member
    I have a 6 inch manual jack plate. 23 Fury worked. I’ve been up and down and finally settled at 3 5/8 prop to pad. 3 1/2 is a good starting point. I had the long learning curve of learning to drive the boat. At 3 5/8 I can trim up enough to tote the front of the boat without loping and not throwing a mile high rooster tail. I think when I was at 3 inches I was losing bite on the prop allowing the nose to fall slightly and initiate the loping. Going deeper with the motor seemed to fix this issue. I tried moving my weight around in the boat also. I’m still slightly over propped. I’m thinking a B&B 22 Fury might be the right prop for me or a Bravo 1 FS 23 or 24.

3. Member
    What speeds are you getting?

4. Member
    I've got lithiums in the back so my rear is lighter and probably rides higher. Makes sense that I need to keep the plate lower. I'll have to try again this weekend and work on getting rid of the walking. If I can conquer that I think I'll be seeing more speed

5. Member
    I’ve seen 72 with stock 23 fury @ 5800ish rpm’s. Haven’t run the Fury WOT since I got it worked but the holeshot is a lot better so I bet the Rpm’s are higher. I have a powertech tro4 24 that is 5900ish Rpm at 69 mph little slower on holeshot though.

6. Member
    Gotcha, that's a great speed honestly. Since I have lithiums my hole shot is great, even with full tank and full wells. I may keep the Fury. I'm hoping to see 70 next time I take it out. I also had the front seat post in, I wonder if that causes me to lose some mph.

7. Member
    I always have at least a millennium seat on an adjustable post up front or the factory butt seat. I crappie fish 99% of the time so a seat is important. I’m still running three lead batteries. Still Too cheap for a livescope.

8. Member
    It took me a long time to learn to control the walking. At some point I think you learn to anticipate it and correct before it starts. The 195 is a handful with the 200. I have said it before but I think the 175 hp may be the sweet spot for the hull.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcanally View Post
    It took me a long time to learn to control the walking. At some point I think you learn to anticipate it and correct before it starts. The 195 is a handful with the 200. I have said it before but I think the 175 hp may be the sweet spot for the hull.
    Counterpoint: I would imagine with the 175 you would have a worse holeshot. Better to have more power than you need. I have heard of people struggling to control the walk, but also people that drive it that fast with ease. I feel like the people struggling initially have never owned a high performance boat before. I imagine most 19 footers will walk when getting around 70mph, that's quick for that length!

10. Member
    Your probably exactly right about that.