Adding a Pump out system for livewells

Has anyone added that option to their boat? my 188vs doesn't have the pump out option so I was thinking of trying to get the parts from flo rite and install. From what I understand, I need to drill a new hole in the back of the boat and run a new line. Just wondering if anyone has done it and their experience.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

2. Member
    It's a really easy simple system to install. It's a bit nerve racking drilling a hole in the top-cap so make sure the thru-hull fitting has enough room on the underside to put the hose on and off.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    It's a really easy simple system to install. It's a bit nerve racking drilling a hole in the top-cap so make sure the thru-hull fitting has enough room on the underside to put the hose on and off.
    Thanks for the reply. That seems like the hardest part. Where I was originally thinking of drilling is way in the back near the existing bildge pump outlet, but getting my hands back inside that area is not going to be easy...and then I have to fix the hose on.
    I see Flo rite has a quick lock system now so lm going to go that route and redo the other connections so any future repairs or adjustments should be much easier.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

4. Member
    With the quick lock system the hoses need to be straight. Any sideways torque on those fittings will make them leak so if the hose coming off a fitting needs to make a turn or bend use a 45 or 90 degree elbow fitting.

5. Member
    I was thinking of adding this. I have a hose for my manual and my auto bilge. I was thinking of running both of them off the same hose and running the pump out throughthe other hole. Any issues anyone can think of?

6. Member
    Definitely following this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cook View Post
    I was thinking of adding this. I have a hose for my manual and my auto bilge. I was thinking of running both of them off the same hose and running the pump out throughthe other hole. Any issues anyone can think of?

I seem to remember reading about doing this. My auto and manual bilge pump are one in the same, so I'd just have to add a new hose and opening. You might have to change your two pumps for a combined one, then you could use the other line for your pump out.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents