H17 Console project

I wanted to dash mount my graph in my 2007 H17 but the factory console layout prevented it. The new consoles wouldn't work so I decided to build one.

I bought a used console to make a mold from and using foam, wood, and lots of bondo and sanding I got a plug made and then a mold. The new top came out pretty good with minor imperfections but while making it, I bought a bigger graph that would not flush mount so I had to make a mount that would work.

It was a lot of time in making the mold and cost approximately 350.00 in supplies with some mat, resin and gelcoat left over.

Here are some pics...
    IMG_5517.jpgIMG_5619.jpgIMG_5699.jpgIMG_5764.jpgIMG_5874.jpgIMG_5875.jpgIMG_5877.jpgIMG_5878.jpgIMG_5890.jpg

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddement View Post
    I wanted to dash mount my graph in my 2007 H17 but the factory console layout prevented it. The new consoles wouldn't work so I decided to build one.

I bought a used console to make a mold from and using foam, wood, and lots of bondo and sanding I got a plug made and then a mold. The new top came out pretty good with minor imperfections but while making it, I bought a bigger graph that would not flush mount so I had to make a mount that would work.

It was a lot of time in making the mold and cost approximately 350.00 in supplies with some mat, resin and gelcoat left over.

Here are some pics...
    Nicely done man! I took a slightly different route and came up with my own design using plywood and glass. I won't claim she's as pretty as the one you did, but it will function... I was originally thinking to also mount the graph on the console... After further discussion with my 25 year old son, we opted to keep it on the side... I had never done any fiberglass work before, I plan to do some more for different project soon though. 20220414_195954_HDR.jpg20220418_193432_HDR.jpg20220418_193556_HDR.jpg