Looking to purchase

I wanna hear the good the bad and the ugly guys
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

2. Member
    Good:
    Big front deck (bigger than similar sized glass)
    Rides well
    Plenty of storage
    Dry storage
    Easy to get to pumps and batteries

Bad:
    Maximum horsepower requirements leave all models slower than they should be.

Ugly:
    Some have cracked, but newer models have a thicker gauge aluminum

3. Member
    Good:
    Fit and Finish
    Aluminum Trailer Optional
    Giant Rear Compartments
    Electrical Harnesses and Wiring
    Solid Console
    Bad:
    No cooler that makes sense on the 1880
    Seat post bushings breaking
    Paint on top of gunwale scratches easily
    Get water in front compartments, step compartment and coin box compartment.
    Ugly:
    Steel trailer rust.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

4. Member
    The good:
    We love our boat!
    The bad:
    Nothing really. I've got a broken seat bushing but Vexus sent a replacement.
    The ugly:
    Nothing I can think of. Got a couple of dock rash spots but those aren't the boats fault and Vexus sent me touchup paint.
    Vexus customer service is outstanding! The few little issues I've had they have responded promptly and sent out parts/touchup paint/owners manual, from Flippin to my house if a couple of days.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

5. Member
    Is yours the hard case paint? It looks great but I'm worried about scratches and chips from docks, timber or partners hitting it with sinkers when flipping. Found a nice used VX21 but worried about the paint durability. I fish several times per week but put a lot if effort into maintaining my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    The good:
    We love our boat!
    The bad:
    Nothing really. I've got a broken seat bushing but Vexus sent a replacement.
    The ugly:
    Nothing I can think of. Got a couple of dock rash spots but those aren't the boats fault and Vexus sent me touchup paint.
    Vexus customer service is outstanding! The few little issues I've had they have responded promptly and sent out parts/touchup paint/owners manual, from Flippin to my house if a couple of days.

What boat are you looking to buy?

Vexus customer service is second to none! This can be most important or a complete non issue.

Paint and gel coat scratch, water spot, stumps do bad things to boat hulls, outboards and trolling motors no matter who makes it. I have had a few minor issues all taken care of quickly and My dealer is 6 hours away.
    Ryan Tripp is my regional rep and taken care if every issue. Ryan called me while I was on the water last week just to see how things were going and to thank me for representing Vexus boats. Thats customer service on another level.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    What boat are you looking to buy?

Vexus customer service is second to none! This can be most important or a complete non issue.

Paint and gel coat scratch, water spot, stumps do bad things to boat hulls, outboards and trolling motors no matter who makes it. I have had a few minor issues all taken care of quickly and My dealer is 6 hours away.
    Ryan Tripp is my regional rep and taken care if every issue. Ryan called me while I was on the water last week just to see how things were going and to thank me for representing Vexus boats. Thats customer service on another level.
    Looking at an avx1980 or 2080 not sure yet
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by NRXfever View Post
    Looking at an avx1980 or 2080 not sure yet
    If you’re close to Trafalgar you’re welcome to come crawl around my 1880.

9. Member
    I have the 2080 and only real complaint is the paint. It’s beautiful but delicate.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    If you’re close to Trafalgar you’re welcome to come crawl around my 1880.
    3 hours bud I'm in the northern tip of indiana
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

East or west?

I musky fish around Syracuse and I have a spot to scout around Michigan city in the next couple months

12. Member
    Sent you a PM.

13. Member
    Yes it's the hard case paint. I have zero scratches on anything above the water line and no noticeable scratches below water line. There are bound to be a few from beaching it a couple of times or maybe rubbing a stump. FYI, I am super careful at ramps with no courtesy dock on where to beach it at. When we go visit ifishinxs at some point, I'm gonna have him help me install a keel guard like he put on his. I do have a tiny little dent and paint chip just above the bumper on the back left corner where I clipped a metal protrusion pulling into a rental slip one night. And, a couple of chip spots just above the bump guard where I've come into the courtesy dock a little too hot. Vexus sent me touchup paint to fix said spots but I don't even notice them except when I'm wiping the boat down. One of theses days I'll touch em up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Is yours the hard case paint? It looks great but I'm worried about scratches and chips from docks, timber or partners hitting it with sinkers when flipping. Found a nice used VX21 but worried about the paint durability. I fish several times per week but put a lot if effort into maintaining my boat.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    East or west?

I musky fish around Syracuse and I have a spot to scout around Michigan city in the next couple months
    Howe to be exact it's 25 minutes west of 69 almost to Michigan line
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

15. Member
    I will have owned my 1880 for 3 years this up coming summer. Great boat. Things to keep in mind. I'm on the water a lot with my Vexus due to work (bass/peacock guiding). I'm down in South FL and fish the Everglades mainly. Vexus paint jobs are pretty, no doubt. But the boat will scratch easily if one is not careful. Especially the bottom of the hull. I highly recommend a keel guard. A professionally installed keel guard will help a lot. The other thing I highly recommend is a skeg guard as well if you navigate a lot around hard rocky bottoms. Best of luck on your purchase. Avx's are great boats, wouldn't hesitate to upgrade if I could. They are not speed demons, but they ride great and handle rougher water better than other tin boats in its class.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

16. Member
    I have a avx 1980. Its the best tin boat I have owned out of a tracker and triton. It handles rough water very well for aluminum boat

17. Member
    Sent you another PM, with my phone number.