Phoenix 518 Pro, Skeeter ZX150 or BassCat Bobcat

I am ordering a new boat for 2023 and ran into a dilemma.

I am looking at the BassCat Bobcat, the Skeeter ZX150 and the Phoenix 518 Pro. Pricing is difficult to find because Skeeter is the only one with prices listed on the website and dealer sites all say "call for price". From what I have gathered, they all seem to be around the $38-40k range. I'm not a pro and can't afford a $90k 20 footer. I fish local tournaments and fish with my friends and son.

My first area of concern is that the BassCat and Skeeter come with 150hp and the Phoenix is a max of 115hp. This leads me away from the Phoenix, especially if the price is similar.

The BassCat is 17'7" while the other 2 are 18'6" which leads me away from the BassCat.

The BassCat also has over a 1 year lead time for the Bobcat while the Phoenix is 3-5 months. I'm assuming the Skeeters will be quicker since they have more available on the lots.

I am also leaning toward the custom build due to requiring a dual console which most of the boats listed are impossible to find on a lot with a dual console.

I also don't prefer anything built by White River Marine.

If you guys have any input here, let it rip! Thank you

2. Member
    You'll probably get more answers if you move this up to the General Bassboat Topics forum, 2nd thread down from the top on the main page.

3. Member
    BASS CAT

4. Member
    Also consider that the Phoenix can have the second console added after purchase and that its removable. I know you say that it is necessary for you but maybe not all the time and being able to take it out for the summer will open up a fair bit of space on a smaller boat.

i know that skeeters second console is not removable and im not sure about the basscat.

5. Member
    Have you looked at Charger Boats?
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

All are good boats. I'll get baked but my 2 cents if you plan on keeping it for a considerable length of time, Cat for their quality, finish and support. If not, Phoenix for the quality and customer support.
    The older the boat, the more Cat has impressed me. Quality material, build and design.

Look at Nitro. They are in your budget.