fish and ski boat prop choices

I have a 2015 triton 220 escape with 250 pro xs, a 24P fury prop, and 6inch slidemaster jackplate. Who else has the same boat and/or similar and running which prop for better speed/hole shot, mid or high end?

I tried to go close to 60mph but only pushed up to 58 gps and rpms under 6000rpms ( with half full tank, family of 5, and gears). I let off when it starts to chinewalk a little.

TIA!

2. Member
    Is that Fury a 3 or 4 blade?

As for the walking, trying repacking your gear to even the weight a little better. Think of where people usually sit and consider that when packing the gear, putting heavier items on the side where people with less weight will usually sit.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_fritz View Post
    Is that Fury a 3 or 4 blade?

As for the walking, trying repacking your gear to even the weight a little better. Think of where people usually sit and consider that when packing the gear, putting heavier items on the side where people with less weight will usually sit.
    Oh sorry, it is a 3 blade.

4. Member
    I'd go to a 4 blade prop... you'll get a much better hole shot, more lift, stay on plane at lower speeds and better handling in rough water. You will need to readjust your jackplate when switching props so be ready for that.

I'd personally stay away from the Fury 4, it's a nice prop but I've heard of people throwing an ear without hitting anything. I didn't know anyone personally that this happened to until about 4 weeks ago when it happened to my brother-in-law. Maybe look at Bravo I or Revolution 4.

Some say you'll loose top end with a 4 blade prop, some say you don't. I don't have any experience with that as I've always had a 4 blade prop, I run the Revolution 4. My brother-in-law went from a Tempest Plus to the Fury 4 and he didn't loose any top end. But what you gain is worth more than any speed you might loose in my opinion anyway.

5. Member
    I'd go to a 4 blade prop... you'll get a much better hole shot, more lift, stay on plane at lower speeds and better handling in rough water. You will need to readjust your jackplate when switching props so be ready for that.

I'd personally stay away from the Fury 4, it's a nice prop but I've heard of people throwing an ear without hitting anything. I didn't know anyone personally that this happened to until about 4 weeks ago when it happened to my brother-in-law. Maybe look at Bravo I or Revolution 4.

Some say you'll loose top end with a 4 blade prop, some say you don't. I don't have any experience with that as I've always had a 4 blade prop, I run the Revolution 4. My brother-in-law went from a Tempest Plus to the Fury 4 and he didn't loose any top end. But what you gain is worth more than any speed you might loose in my opinion anyway.
    Ok thanks for the advice!! Much appreciated!

6. Member
    You're welcome!

Oh and for reference, it is suggested to drop 1" in pitch when going from a 3 blade to a 4 blade as a starting point.

7. Member
    You're welcome!

Oh and for reference, it is suggested to drop 1" in pitch when going from a 3 blade to a 4 blade as a starting point.
    So for example: if my current prop is 24P 3 blade, I would change to 23P 4 blade?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4motion View Post
    So for example: if my current prop is 24P 3 blade, I would change to 23P 4 blade?
    correct