Your area turkey hunting.

So semi serious question for you Turkey hunters in other parts of the country. Are your turkeys still somewhat weary or are they turning tame? I ask this because our turkeys, southern NH, are about the dumbest most tame birds around. When I was younger and Turkey populations were just starting to increase after introduction to our state if you got within 100ft of one without being seen that was a win. Now my son chases them around our house with a wiffleball bat and they still dont leave.
    My buddy in western NY is always dumbfounded when I send him pics of giant Tom's that I can pull up to standing in the road with my truck. He says you could never do that there.

2. Member
    Yea, I've got some .PXL_20220416_005620165.MP~2.jpg

That’s part of the reason I lost most desire to turkey hunt anymore. Big Tom’s all over my yard and the neighborhood. Kind of takes the excitement out of it seeing them all the time in everyone’s yards.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    20180525_152853.jpg I could shoot this guy from my recliner.

Our birds here in Midwestern NY are as weary as ever.

Populations are suffering though because of high predator numbers with the worst being raccoons. No one hunts raccoons so they continue to multiply and hurt the Turkey population.

6. Member
    We have plenty of turkey hunters in Alabama to keep them honest. Not including out of state hunters who enjoy Alabama turkey hunting.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I am sitting looking at four weary ass Tom’s as I type. They are about 250 yards away. Better than the 400 they were an hour ago..
    now while I was in New Zealand I shot a couple with my bow. They weren’t really scared of you.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

They are not comfortable up here. They must be diligent to avoid the dinner table year round by either hunters or predators.

9. Member
    Too tame here. I didn't see the sport in shooting them so I just take pictures now