Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    In the end I still say you'll be happier with a boat port on the side of the house. More room for the boat and you get a garage.
    yeah, that is looking like the plan :).

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    If it's any consolation, I've been the "driveway boat guy," for over 20 years with three different boats and never had an issue.
    lol thanks , yeah I didn't give it much concern at first, until I looked at the driveway angle and proximity to street. But I'm pretty much over that now :). I'll chalk it up to new boat jitters lol

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Oh, and here it is outside... not as close to the street as I originally thought. If the garage doesn't work out and this becomes the solution, I'll have to get a block to raise it up a bit more, probably a 2nd set of chocks, and maybe the baby monitor that Glenn over on TOF talks about...

Blink security cameras. Cheap and no monthly fee.
    Please release me,let me go.

Make sure the juvenile delinquents can't pull out your chocks sending your boat into the road.

yeah I have blink camera coming, should be here tomorrow. In process of changing flush mount electronics to Gimbal Mount (wanted to do that anyway), have double chocks and use jack stand instead of Fulton Jack when parked, and have chain/lock for wheels which should also prevent any unwanted rolling :).

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Blink security cameras. Cheap and no monthly fee.
    Got the Blink/Floodlight combo installed this weekend... Seems to work decently enough - a bit of lag in notification as all wireless security stuff seems to do (ie, my ring doorbell is the same) - but it detects motion right away. I also bought the Blink wifi extender as I know I've got very little signal at the garage.

Ignore the big hole in the cosole, have PS mount coming tomorrow so pulled the flush mount Carbon 12 to get wiring, etc ready and add/cleanup Nema stuff, etc. Boat projects, fun :).

Mental note - disarm when working on the boat. Came back in the house after spending some time on some boat work and had like 20+ motion alerts lol...

Just revisiting/following up for those that were interested - finally got something going on storing the boat better. Got the shrub and fence out and picked up a King Canopy 12x20. It's obviously not quite long enough, but the only other one I could find that was longer was 10ft vs 12ft wide, which just didn't leave clearance room backing in :). Looked at some hard shell type canopys ie aluminum uprights/roof panels but most were around $2500+ and we had code/permit concerns about placing it right on the property line.

Anyway, still have some cleanup to do, there's a stump I need to grind down in the back preventing me from backing up as far as I want to go, and need to get the grass done, but once I get that cleaned up and new gate in place this should work fine I think...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 01-24-2023 at 04:32 PM.

8. Member
    Build a shed dormer roof from your existing roof line if you are parking it there. Easy to do and will look so much nicer

9. Member
    I used offsite storage when I bought my boat. It just fit into a 20 ft unit. There are large indoor facilities that look like barns to fit large rigs like RVs etc. maybe this is an option. Good luck.

10. Member
    My boat is 15 years old. Never been in a garage once. Still looks great. The incline would be only issue for me.

Got the stump ground out, so can back fully in and zip it closed now. Also cleaned up the grass a bit, shaved down with mower and cleaned up the edges with a string trimmer, and used some bricks to level up the left side. (grass will be dying soon I suspect, and i may just replace with some gravel at some point.)

Re the stumps, they also ground down that big 4ft across stump where that big hump is in the pics, which opens this area up for a bit of grading to work on that incline - haven't decided if I want to rent a skid steer and just knock it down some or have a landscaping company come out and do it.

And the Gate search begins :).

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    Make sure the juvenile delinquents can't pull out your chocks sending your boat into the road.
    X chocks with a lock will stop most

13. Member
    I had one of these for storage for my "stuff" for a year while between homes. The humidity is insane without a floor. Not good for electrical contacts and your boat in general.
    Get a floor.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

Got it leveled and cleaned up a bit... Still need to sort out what type of gate/fence setup I put back in place, and still want to work on grading the area in front where I had a huge stump and some shrubs removed which you mostly can't see in the pic, but it's coming along.

Have security cameras up as well now, inside the canopy and out. Long term, I like the idea of adding a shed dormer roof as mentioned above - will be re-doing the roof later this year so will look at having it done at the same time.

Re the Humidity, haven't noticed too much yet, but it has been cold mostly (for Florida, anyway). Once it warms up it might get worse? Even storing in the driveway with cover this past year, some condestaion would show up in the compartments, but tbh I don't know if there really is a way around that with outdoor storage? If so someone please tell me, :).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345