pricing question

For those of you with VX boats, did you find dealers willing to negotiate prices at all or did they toe the line on the pricing from the website? Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.
    Thanks

2. Member
    The dealer basically knocked off the tax to bring the price in line with the Build Your Own price from the website.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

3. Member
    I have a 2021 AVX 2080.... ordered it Dec. 2020... I contacted 3 dealers within 4 hours of my house... 2 of the dealers wanted retail and one knocked off over $3k... That being said, that was right before all the craziness started with both used and new boat prices and hard to get parts for them... You have find a balance between how far u are willing to travel, the out the door price, and their customer service reputation.
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve-n-Protect View Post
    the out the door price
    This right here, most importantly if you are trading boats.

My old man was a car salesman for a time when I was a kid and a British car flipper for as long as he could.

Granted, I have an AVX, but here’s my purchase story; When I went to buy mine in the middle of October 2019 the sales guy just opened the build it webpage and we priced it out. Vexus was so new at the time I figured he had me over a barrel.

We talked about my trade and he said just send me some pictures. When I sent the pics he gave ma a value $1,500.00 under NADA private retail sale.
    My response was “at the end of the month when you need to meet numbers reevaluate that quote and call me.” At the end of October he texted me and said the sales manager would give me $1,500.00 more than the original quote. They sold it in less than a week for 2k over what the gave me. I probably could gave done close to that but I just don’t like dealing with Craigslist folks.

The dealers have the ability to make a deal, they just may not be able to make the retail price look less than the website.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post

The dealers have the ability to make a deal, they just may not be able to make the retail price look less than the website.
    My dealer did!! I ordered my 2080 with lots of options and didn't have a trade in... knocked off over $3k off the price!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

6. Member
    From what I can see dealers have far more inventory in the aluminum boats. Looks like they may get a bit more aggressive with them than the glass boats.

7. Member
    Great Lakes Marine was willing to deal on my vx a few years ago. I had to go 3 hours away to find a dealer. So I shopped four dealers. About 7 grand difference from cheapest to most expensive.

8. Member
    Well as someone who just recently purchased a brand new AVX1980 just about a month ago. I can tell you there isnt much wheeling and dealing going on these days. At least here in California where I am. Trust me, I tried and it was a no go. Because Vexus dealerships are so few and far between here, I looked out of state and found a couple of dealerships that had the boat that I wanted. Tried negotiating with them over the phone and email and they just werent having it. The dealership I purchase my 1980 from here in California is a great dealership, but they to werent budging on the boat prices. I think its just the wrong time to be trying to finding a good deal on a boat. Not only are prices on boats way up nationally, but supply i short and demand is high due to the spring season. These places just arent going to do much for you as far as adjusting the price. Honestly with the climate we are in right now, I dont blame them. If I were in their shoes, I wouldn't budge on the price either. Supply is short, demand is high, and it wont be long before someone else walks in the door that just wants the boat and takes it at the listed price.

I think your best bet is to look for incentives rather than negotiate on the price of the boat, because the incentives can still be had. Maybe a free upgrade to better graphs or free upgrade to a better trolling motor, or throw in a couple nice rods and reels, or just some boating gear that you might need. I mean these are marine dealerships, they have plenty of boating gear. I think if you want a better deal on the boat itself, Id say maybe wait until winter to purchase a boat. Thats usually the best time to get deals on them, but with supply chain problems still persisting you may have to wait a couple years if you want to find that steal.

A quick search on BoatTrader showed 308 Vexus boats for sale. Not sure there are supply chain issues unless you insist on ordering one.

I was looking at another boat maker and they told me if I ordered today I would have my boat the end of July so even that isn't a horrible wait time.

If you look hard there are still 2021 leftovers out there and you may find the dealers willing to do a bit better with the price on those.

10. Member
    Well at the end of the day all you can do is try. Really dont think you are going to have much luck on haggling the out the door price of a boat right now, but I could be wrong. I still believe your best bet is to aim for incentives rather than get them to reduce the price of the boat package. It most certainly wont hurt to try though.