Thread: Wake Boat Study

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    i bet my boat makes a bigger wake at 5mph than it does at 65mph.
    The Bass boat guys should know better.Bass boat wakes at 65 still travel and mess up docks.At least the wake boats didnt go by at Daybreak.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    It’s a slippery slope. Other people’s hobbies should be banned…not mine though, mine are ok
    Dam straight skippy! People’s hobbies should not be so destructive to my fishing!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    The Bass boat guys should know better.Bass boat wakes at 65 still travel and mess up docks.At least the wake boats didnt go by at Daybreak.
    Aren't most people still asleep at this time, especially on the weekends?

4. Member
    Avid wakeboard & bass boat owner, operating on one of the busiest recreational/fishing lakes in CFL. F350's cause more road damage than a Prius, who cares.

We can coexist.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

5. Member
    there is just as many if not more unsafe drivers in bassboats as there are in wakeboard boats be careful where you throw rocks one may come back to you.

6. Member
    Exactly

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Avid wakeboard & bass boat owner, operating on one of the busiest recreational/fishing lakes in CFL. F350's cause more road damage than a Prius, who cares.

We can coexist.
    That's not a great analogy because an F350 can't crash my car into my deck or destroy my foundation when it drives by.

Also registration fees are much higher on the F350. Some of that money goes to infrastructure repair.

9. Banned
    So what do you suggest? Idle only? If your dock is messed up by my bass boat wake at 65mph you better find a better dock builder! What does daybreak have to do with anything, is a wake more damaging early morning???

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    While they throw a big wake, they got nothing compared to a big yacht running full tilt or a barge. Lake Washington is a combat zone in the summer lol.
    Autum is even worse, with the yachts coming out of Newport Shores/Newport Yacht Basin running up the E. Channel to anchor up near Husky Stadium when they have home games. Often, they don't even slow down for the bridges no-wake zones. Which brings up the subject...some signs say 8mph, some say no wake, some say idle speed only, and some say other stuff...I guess consistency would be too much to ask for? Plus, it seems pretty likely that some no-wake zone marker buoys get moved by home owners to suit themselves. WTF?

First time out this year, there was a City of Tukwila Fire Dept. rescue (?) boat being launched at Coulon. More WTF, since Tukwila only has the river running through it, and doesn't border either salt water or lakes. At least, I don't know of any lakes in Tukwila that has a boat launch suitable for their FD boat. Seems like they got a Federal Grant or something, with no oversight, and decided to squander it on an expensive toy. Another WTF?
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

My old Grizzly 1860 running just below plane made a wonderful wake boat. I even showed the wake boat guys it first hand a couiple of times but they did not seem too impressed.

In fact after a couple of passes they left the area.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    I've always wondered just how many people that talk about throwing a lure at and hitting a wake boat or jet-ski have actually done so...
    No hooks but a 3oz. sinker. and no I do not hit them but they see it coming and move on most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    No hooks but a 3oz. sinker. and no I do not hit them but they see it coming and move on most of the time.

What rod you chunking that on?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    I've always wondered just how many people that talk about throwing a lure at and hitting a wake boat or jet-ski have actually done so...
    I wasn’t throwing at a pleasure boat, but it came close enough to to me they my line caught up in its lower unit, spooled me, and burned my thumb when I had it on the spool. I like to think that line did some damage to his lower. A man can dream. Hot mono imbedded in the skin hurts, believe it!

15. Member
    So what do you suggest? Idle only? If your dock is messed up by my bass boat wake at 65mph you better find a better dock builder! What does daybreak have to do with anything, is a wake more damaging early morning???
    You missed the point its a 5 zone.Its not anymore damaging in AM its just the bass boat guys thought they could blast thru without anyone knowing.Most days I was at work or fishing but some mornings the wakes would almost throw me out of bed.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    What rod you chunking that on?
    Light saltwater "Striper" rod, ABU 7000. used for Striper's when in the jumps otherwise.

17. Banned
    You missed the point its a 5 zone.
    Sorry what's a 5 zone?

some mornings the wakes would almost throw me out of bed.
    Your bed was on the dock or floating house?

18. Member
    [QUOTE=keeferfish;12459504]Sorry what's a 5 zone?

Thats the problem some Bass boat guys dont know what a 5mph zone is and yes I lived in a floating home in a 5 mph zone.My point is Wake board guys are not any worse than the bass boat guys.

19. Member
    My point is Wake board guys are not any worse than the bass boat guys.
    You live on a unique lake then, because I'll take a bassboat driver over a wakeboard driver 10 times out of 10.

20. Member
    [QUOTE=DaveBrabec;12459516]
    Sorry what's a 5 zone?

Thats the problem some Bass boat guys dont know what a 5mph zone is and yes I lived in a floating home in a 5 mph zone.My point is Wake board guys are not any worse than the bass boat guys.
    Pretty sure he knows exactly what a 5MPH zone is but wasn’t sure on the “5 zone”. Hell I was confused as well but assumed you meant 5mph. If you think a bass boat wake does as much damage as a wake boat, well there is no helping you as it’s not even close, wake boat all day man. We are no wake within 200’ of docks here, my boats wake on plane is barely 10” once it hits the docks, now wake boats will swamp a dock and cause massive damage since I have seen it as well as helped repair some buddies docks from it. Which wave is bigger and will cause more harm, my 10” wake or a wake boats 3-4’ wake? Hint, it’s rhetorical…
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast